Is that a big deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by feyn-man, Nov 19, 2007.

1. feyn-man macrumors regular

My new SR macbook. The key "Y" is not sensitive. I always have to press twice or more. At the first several day, I thought maybe it's because I had not get used to the new key distance. But after about two weeks, I found it's really the problem of the keyboard itself.

Does I need to do something? Or just try to get used.

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

send it in to Apple, everything should be perfect.

3. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

And what will they do? Change the "Y" key? Change the whole keyboard? Or change the macbook?

4. CashGap macrumors 6502

CashGap

I sure would hit it with a shot of compressed air before I sent it in. Can't hurt and has helped dislodge things in the past.

5. T-Mac macrumors member

I had the same problem with the SR Macbook I received from Amazon last Friday. My "B" key was not registering unless pressed harder than normal. I took it to my local Apple Store last night. The "genius" spent all of 20 seconds typing on it and then said, "Yep, this is definitely a hardware issue." I walked out of the store 30 minutes later with a brand new machine and it works fine!

Go for a new one, you'll be glad you did.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I have a few clunky keys on my new MacBook that I'd like Apple to take at look at as well.

7. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

Hmm, I've had that happen with other laptops, I just find after some continuously usage it sorts itself out.

8. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

first step - remove the letter 'y' from any and all passwords :)

If the shot of compressed air doesn't work, then I'd take it into the store and have them fix/replace it.

If you're feeling risky, you could try reseating the key yourself (instructions are in various threads on these forums). Personally, I wouldn't go that route; I'd rather get it replaced by an authourized tech, but like I always say.. "to each their own".

9. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

Yes, they'll replace it with a MacBook without the letter "y" so this never troubles you again.

Seriously, I hope this works out.

10. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

yeh!!!
    I just got the brand new macbook (replace the hard disk). The apple guys are so nice.
    Thanks for you suggestion.