Is that is it? no macy stuff, all iphone.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kwfl, Jun 9, 2008.

1. kwfl macrumors 6502

Although i am an iphone guy, i really expected and wanted something to do with mac and osx. Why apple is forgetting about the MAC. That what they are. It is really shocking to see only iphone related stuff.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

First of all, it's Mac, not MAC. Secondly, they are Apple Inc. now and not Apple Computer. But yes, I agree, I wish they had unveiled more.

3. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Same here. I'm kind of pissed that there was no new hardware for the OS X side of things.

I'm new at this, so let me know if this is usual. Isn't there a chance that something might come out of the OSX speech after lunch? Maybe let an announcement for notebooks with the operating system stuff?

Or am I just pie in the sky dreaming?

4. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

Sadly...

...all indications leading into this event were centered around the iphone hard and soft ware. I believe we in the Macrumors forums, built up non existent expectations. Sadly, I am seeing a 2009 total redesign and am budgeting for the next MBP accordingly.:apple:

5. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

That's part of the reason why I was thinking it would be a separate announcement. Exploit on all the hoopla on the iPhone. Later in the day, talk about the actual money maker.

6. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

Hang on... We still have a 'snow leopard' preview to come!

Remember that WWDC is for software development - it's not really a hardware event (even if Apple does sometimes use it to launch new products!).

7. philgilder macrumors 68000

i dont think apple would be recognisable if it weren't for ipod and iphone
    totally different company

anyway, theres 10.6 Snow Leopard (i hate the name, but i also hated macbook air) and mobileme
    and a further 4 days of WWDC

Satori: seems like you beat to my (our) point, in a simpler way! :)

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Smart if Apple does drop Mac from the Mac OS X label and starts telling people they are running OS X on their phone.

If it works this good here, don't you want OS X on the computer also.

But we shall see.

Another gateway drug for Apple like the iPod used to be, me.com, iphone, ipod tough, etc. all should lead people to lifelong addiction on the Mac.

9. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Not a bad idea really, but I doubt it. Nope... This design is sticking around for a while. Remember the old Macintosh though? I mean the actual Macintosh line, with the cute beige box and the same nine inch monochrome display right up until the Colour Classic? 1984 to 1993 with virtually the same case, minus a few port upgrades and the odd faked cooling grille.

And lets face it, would anybody like a MacBook Pro with the Macintosh SE cooling grille on it? No? Didn't think so...

10. quovadis macrumors regular

quovadis

The last truly exciting WWDC was back in 2006
    Subsequent ones have been very disappointing for me, particularly in the context of all the pre-WWDC hype one reads about

11. kwfl thread starter macrumors 6502

My only condolonces there was the snow leopard. It is very clear now, we will see much slower development in the core of the business but much faster one in its branches.

I hope it works for everyones benefit.

12. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

wow...now go feed your pet snake and tarantula.

13. TheCookie macrumors regular

TheCookie

Umm...

You do realize that until today that means that you've been disappointed by a grand total of 1 WWDC?

Talk about high standards...