Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

feyn-man

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
I turn off the machine and keep that 20 hours every day. Every day the battery will reduce 1% when I turn it on. Is that normal?

BTW, the two pieces of macbook not so tight. This make me unhappy. Can I replace that one?

kaiwai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Christchurch
I turn off the machine and keep that 20 hours every day. Every day the battery will reduce 1% when I turn it on. Is that normal?

Yes, because that is how the computers clock is powered - via the battery.

BTW, the two pieces of macbook not so tight. This make me unhappy. Can I replace that one?

What two 'pieces of macbook'?

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2007
UK
take a picture so we can have a look? I suspect you mean at the point where you open the lid with your thumb?
I have 2 macbooks now, the new SR one arrived today and it looks like it is warped slightly, nothing really to worry about but i will keep an eye on it.

feyn-man

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
take a picture so we can have a look? I suspect you mean at the point where you open the lid with your thumb?
I have 2 macbooks now, the new SR one arrived today and it looks like it is warped slightly, nothing really to worry about but i will keep an eye on it.

It' not obviously. When I close the it, I can move the screen left and right about 1cm, slightly.

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
It' not obviously. When I close the it, I can move the screen left and right about 1cm, slightly.

1cm!!?!??!?!? Are you serious? That is a huge amount of give! I might be able to shift mine 1mm or less... but mine is 15 months old! I think you might want to take that in and have it looked at.

feyn-man

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
1cm!!?!??!?!? Are you serious? That is a huge amount of give! I might be able to shift mine 1mm or less... but mine is 15 months old! I think you might want to take that in and have it looked at.

Sorry, I make the mistake. It's 1mm.

feyn-man

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Oh, well... that's not too severe, but still something to keep your eye on.

I just come back from apple store. The genious said that is slight and normal. So they will not do anything.:(

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2007
UK
I didnt think they would. My new SR macbook lid isnt square like yours, mine overhangs to the right by about 1 or 2 mm :(

I can force the lid to the left but it only returns to its original position.

I'm not too bothered about it, any more out and i would be.

feyn-man

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
I didnt think they would. My new SR macbook lid isnt square like yours, mine overhangs to the right by about 1 or 2 mm :(

I can force the lid to the left but it only returns to its original position.

I'm not too bothered about it, any more out and i would be.

Of cause it's not a big deal. I just want everything perfect. But I have found that I can never get everything perfect. I have been this apple store 4 times in 1 month for this machine. I guess the staff must be thinking: Look, the trouble maker is coming again. Now I'm really tied and I will never been there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.