Is the $1299 enough machine for me

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jofa390, Oct 12, 2013.

1. jofa390 macrumors newbie

I picked up the $1299 iMac last week at an Apple Store but I have not taken it out of the box. I coach two high school sports and take video of all of our games as well as video of my two year old son. I was planning to use the iMac for dowloading the video from my camera to iMovie to save and burn DVDs. I don't do much editing but am hoping to learn how to do more of it in the future. I also plan to use the iMac for work with iPhoto. I will be purchasing an external hard drive with thunderbolt capability to store the video and photos.

I am considering exchanging the iMac for a model with better graphics capability. Would I notice a difference if I did this and is it worth the extra money? I have plenty of room on my desk for a larger screen if need be.

Thanks

2. Sanatogen macrumors member

Sanatogen

It's worth it as "a future-proof" if you consider yourself having the money. Otherwise I'd say you'll be fine with what your current needs seem to be and you shouldn't worry too much if the machine will perform. It will. :)

3. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

Then get the 256 ssd option at least! Have you used a ssd equipped system before? Because the difference from a standard harddrive is unreal!