Is the 13.3 inch good enough?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Laughingman13, May 30, 2010.

1. Laughingman13 macrumors member

So basically can you guys give me some opinion regarding the 13.3 inch screen?

Did it live up to your standards?

How do you feel about it?

Experiences?

2. AshMan macrumors regular

No issues here. Love mine does just what I need and size is perfect for my needs.

3. Laughingman13 thread starter macrumors member

What do you usually do on your macbook?

4. AshMan macrumors regular

Mostly web browsing Photoshop. Watch movies use iTunes. Make CDs and DVDs. Basics. Haven't had it long enough to do any gaming yet. Not much time for games.

5. Laughingman13 thread starter macrumors member

cool cool

Also do any usb mouse will work with a macbook right?

It doesn't need to be a apple magic mouse or anything like that right?

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Any mouse will do. USB or bluetooth. Apple mice are crappy, IMO.

7. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Welcome to the Apple side. Forget drivers and all that noise, Macs are plug and play. Every camera, keyboard, mouse and printer that I've owned is managed automatically by the system.

The most difficult thing I remember doing was setting up my printer. I plugged it in, Snow Leopard asked if I wanted to download and install the drivers, I clicked Yes, it installed and I was ready to print.

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...and if your USB mouse doesn't have all its functionality there's a free app called USB overdrive you can download...

9. vistadude macrumors 65816

My macbook 13 inch has been good and surprisingly quiet. On the other hand, windows on my macbook runs quite slow compared to comparable pc hardware so that has been a disappointment.

10. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...are you using boot camp or a virtual machine to get into windows?

If you are using a virtual machine its splitting your system resources and yes it will run slower than if you boot camp into windows... I have a VM on my whitebook but I prefer to boot camp in for full speed as it works great under boot camp!

11. vistadude macrumors 65816

I'm running through bootcamp. My older laptop is nearly 5 years old, 2.0 ghz pentium M (not dual core), 2 gb ram, 5400 rpm hard drive and runs way faster than my macbook. Maybe there's a slight difference in that the old laptop runs xp media center while my macbook runs xp pro, but it shouldn't be so big of a difference.

12. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

That's strange. I've found my Macbook runs Windows faster than it runs OS X.

13. Burning Radio macrumors regular

13" is perfect. Not too big, but not a little netbook that you can't do anything on.

Definitely get the 13" if you're going to be carrying it at school or around a lot. Same size as a textbook. It's actually smaller than half of mine. :cool: