Is the 13-inch Macbook Pro still a good buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iphone joe, Sep 17, 2016.

1. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

Is the 13-inch non retina Macbook Pro still a good buy? Apple is selling it for $1,099 and I really need a new laptop. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. !!! macrumors 6502

The non retina is really old, and waaaaaaay overpriced. Get the base model rMBP or rMB.

3. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

No its not a good buy. You're better off buying a windows laptop in the same price range.

4. iphone joe thread starter macrumors regular

iphone joe

Do you think the retina display version at $1,299 is a good price? Thanks for your help.

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

No - but better than non retina MBP

6. iphone joe thread starter macrumors regular

iphone joe

7. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Try looking into refurbished models if you must, nets you a nice discount and warranty is kept. Lots of people sprout the "Skylake" model but if you must get a new computer then the current works very well (there's also that issue of when the new macs are actually coming out).

8. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I agree with this comment.

9. kedaj macrumors newbie

I needed a new laptop and went on eBay. Got a 16gb ram, 256gb SSD 2012 MacBook Pro used in great condition for under $500. If you're patient you can get a great deal.

10. altair7 macrumors member

None of them. If you look at the Buyer's Guide at the top of this site, you will see that none of the machines are recommended. Every single model is at least 1 generation out of date (I'm not sure about the imac CPU. Apple's site won't give enough specifics on the processor). Several models are 2+ generations out of date. On top of this, Apple is charging prices that would be premium prices for current model hardware.

You can get a nice Dell XPS 13 (new models can be ordered now) or 15 for your money and you can get a discount on their outlet store.

If you MUST have a mac, buy used. Do not reward Tim Cook and co for their complete lack of focus on their computers.

11. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Seems like apple is just completely ignoring their OSX users and not driving the market to innovate anymore. It's so sad to see the company stagnate like this