I am pretty sure I am not alone in this, so I am asking for your opinion and advice or just to share your thoughts here. I want a desktop replacement portable laptop computer for Aperture and Photoshop use with multiple raw images. Money is not an issue, I just want the best I can get and have decided to stay with Mac. The 17" 2.4 GHz model is pretty close to perfect for me except for one thing. The backlight behind the LCD screen is CCFL and not LED. Now 6 months ago, I would not have hesitated to buy the 17" as it is configured today. In fact i would have been very happy with the HD screen. The problem is that I have read all the reviews that the new LED backlight technology is far superior for a long lasting screen without brightness degradation or worse. I can live with the lesser battery life as it is mostly to used around the house. From all I have read, it doesn't seem that the 17" will be upgraded to LED soon as it is more expensive and Apple does not want to raise prices in the competitive field of laptops. I could buy the 15.4" version but I really want the 1440x1200 HD resolution. I considered a 15.4" plus a 23" cinema monitor, but then I am getting away from the reason I am getting a laptop. If I go that way, i might as well get a table top or iMac but I want to be able to use it in the bedroom, living room, outdoors and at an occasional Starbucks. I don't want to wait a year to buy, I am ready able and anxious to buy now. I don't think the MBP line will be upgraded any time soon (other than possibly the LED feature), since it is currently at the top of the heap for power and speed in the notebook field. I have read that the current CCFL / LCD 17" will lose up to half it's brightness every year and has a life span of only about 4-6 years with heavy use. since these things cost severa thousands of dollars tricked out, I don't want to have to trade it in for about 5 years or more if possible. If what is being said about CCFL/ LCD screens losing brightness by up to half every year, the notebook I have in 5 years will be like a dimming ember while the LED backlit screen will still be burning bright and clear. If I buy the current 17" today and they come out with a new LED version a month later, i will be very unhappy. If I wait for it to come and it takes a year, it will be very hard to wait. So my choices seem to be 1. Wait for the 17" to be upgraded (not sure if I have the patience for that if it goes on too long). 2. Buy the 15.4" and a cinema monitor. I get portability and desktop editing quality monitor but give up the fully portable all in one advantage of the laptop. 3. Buy the current 17" 2.4GHz version tricked out and just live with my decision, The toughest choice in the long run since Apple has said it will at some point when economically feasable change all it's screens to LED, (Just won't say when). Okay, your opinions, and advice welcome. Thanks for contributing. I know there are many in this position, so here is a chance to vent.