Is the 200mb of data for data plus enough?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by notblackmac, Jun 23, 2010.

1. notblackmac macrumors regular

notblackmac

Is 200mb of data a month enough data? I'm thinking 2gb vs 200mb plan

If I'm mainly within wifi reach, (home, school, cafe...mcdonalds) and only use the 3g when i'm updating facebook, email, and picture messaging.. is 200mb enough?

2. srjohnson macrumors newbie

My wife uses her iPhone they way you're describing, and (according to AT&T's information) she's never gone above 100mb.

3. bahooki macrumors regular

For that, 200gig is probably double what you'd ever use.

4. randomerratum macrumors 6502

I'm a pretty heavy iPhone user (I don't do a lot of streaming with Pandora though) and I was absolutely SHOCKED to see that on only a couple of occasions did I use more then 100MB in the last few months! Between work and home, I'm usually on a WiFi network.

One or two months it looks like I went over the 200MB mark, but those months coincide with times I was out of town (away from known networks) for a week or two.

I'll be holding on to my Unlimited plan while I play around with the iPhone 4 for a few months but I suspect I might just downgrade to 200MB plan (between my wife and I, it would save $30 a month!) There's no overage charges (as I understand it) - they just give you another block of 200MB for another $15 - not bad if you just need it once in a while.

5. monaarts macrumors 65816

I wish I could get that data package - beats the ****** 2GB I get to use every month ^^^ :D