Is the 3G going to fit in speaker docks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skabadelic, Jun 24, 2008.

1. skabadelic macrumors member

I was just out setting to buy an iPod speaker dock. I realized I should get one that's shielded well enough to use my iPhone with.

Then I began to wonder if the curved backing will render current speaker dock models unusable.

Any ideas?

2. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

It's thinner at the edges...so it will definitely fit (though it's wider too).

Whether it will be stable...if the iPod Touch can fit in there, then so can the iPhone.

3. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

What? iPhone can be USED on ANY stereo hardware with iPod docking that iTouch plugs onto?

4. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

My wording of implication was wrong.

I meant that if the thin iPod Touch is stable (it usually isn't cause it's thin), then so should the iPhone 3G.

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The two audio units (they're more than speakers) I bought that cost more than $20 had interchangable plates (think iPod dock adapter) to fit different kinds of iPods. Since the iPhone 3G is pretty much the same size as the first iPhone and much thinner than the bigger iPods (check out the 160GB iPod Classic), you should be good. I would be sure to ask someone knowledgable about this.

6. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

Ive got one of those ViewSonic monitors with the iPod dock.... should it work on there?