Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siciliano611

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
About an hour and a half ago I noticed my phone is showing no service in my cube and normally with 3g on i get 3-4 bars. I turned off the 3g and its at 5 bars, so its def something with the 3g network (either that or my phone's 3g is now messed up).....anyone else having this problem recently?

psYcon

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
About an hour and a half ago I noticed my phone is showing no service in my cube and normally with 3g on i get 3-4 bars. I turned off the 3g and its at 5 bars, so its def something with the 3g network (either that or my phone's 3g is now messed up).....anyone else having this problem recently?

I had the same issue a few days back. Got noservice in my apartment, usually I get solid 3G connection. What was funny was that I called up AT&T customer service, the guy told me there is no difference between 3G and Edge and I should use Edge. I was dumbfounded, he even claimed they had the same speed. I told him to gtfo, transfer me to a tech support guy. He did and then came back to me saying they were fixing something in their towers and should be done soon. It's funny how clueless these guys are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.