Is the 4.0 jailbreak still slow on the 3g

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iamthescottie, Jan 9, 2011.

1. iamthescottie macrumors newbie

There's been a few games and themes that are only compatible with ios 4.0+ but last I heard the 4.0 jailbreak wasn't worth it on the 3g cause it is slow.

I'm using 3.1.3 right now with no performance complaints, Thanks! :D

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Supposedly 4.2.1 has improved some but still pretty slow IMO.

3. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I have 4.1 on my 3g and it's really not too bad. It's not as fast as it was on 3.1.3, but it doesn't bother me.

4. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

4.1 and 4.2.1 are MUCH faster than 4.0... it's not bad actually, it's no iPhone4 or 3G on iOS 3 but it's decent. I have multitasking, wallpapers, barrel, carrier logo, battery percentage, biteSMS, folder enhancer, etc and it works ok (it's slow yeah but it's not unusable).

5. brucem91 macrumors 6502

Actually the only reason I had jailbroken my old 3G was to give it a slight speed boost. Apparently, each iOS4 update sped up the phone "slightly", but I didn't buy into it. I actually did a little bit of work to speed up the phone. I disabled mms, turned off spotlight caching, and removed the setting to underclock the processor. Wasn't as fast as my current iPhone4, but it did the job when I had it. As far as spotlight and mms, you can tweak those via Settings. The processor though required the jailbreak and then ssh'ing into my device and removing a .plist.

6. iamthescottie thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool thanks guys, I'm gonna keep 3.1.3 for now until I either get an Iphone 4 or decide to try out 4+'s jailbreak :D