Is the 5K iMac still having issues with Adobe CC?

d28z28

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
I've read a lot of things about the Retina iMac having major issues with some apps in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite - in particular Illustrator with really slow performance. Can anyone let me know if this is still going on? How about after the big 2015 CC update a few days ago? I'm looking at ordering a beefed up Retina 5K iMac in August but need to make sure these issues are all figured out as Adobe CC is a major part of my work.

Last edited:

Surfer13134

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
I have the 5K with CC Photo and I have not noticed a single problem at all. I also have illustrator CS6 and not have a problem.

divergirl

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
I've read a lot of things about the Retina iMac having major issues with some apps in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite - in particular Illustrator with really slow performance. Can anyone let me know if this is still going on? How about after the big 2015 CC update a few days ago? I'm looking at ordering a beefed up Retina 5K iMac in August but need to make sure these issues are all figured out as Adobe CC is a major part of my work.
I haven't had my Mac long enough to speak to the performance, but if you use After Effects I'd use the new 2015 CC update concurrently with the 2014 CC version. After Effects has temporarily had the multiprocessing option disabled, which allowed you to render footage with multiple cores of your cpu at once. Apparently the redesign means it'll take some time before they can add that feature back in? But regardless, 2015 CC has improved workflow, but for actual rendering 2014 will probably be faster for multi-core CPUs.