Is the 5K iMac still having issues with Adobe CC?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by d28z28, Jun 18, 2015.

1. d28z28, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015

d28z28 Suspended

d28z28

I've read a lot of things about the Retina iMac having major issues with some apps in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite - in particular Illustrator with really slow performance. Can anyone let me know if this is still going on? How about after the big 2015 CC update a few days ago? I'm looking at ordering a beefed up Retina 5K iMac in August but need to make sure these issues are all figured out as Adobe CC is a major part of my work.

2. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I have the 5K with CC Photo and I have not noticed a single problem at all. I also have illustrator CS6 and not have a problem.

3. divergirl macrumors regular

I haven't had my Mac long enough to speak to the performance, but if you use After Effects I'd use the new 2015 CC update concurrently with the 2014 CC version. After Effects has temporarily had the multiprocessing option disabled, which allowed you to render footage with multiple cores of your cpu at once. Apparently the redesign means it'll take some time before they can add that feature back in? But regardless, 2015 CC has improved workflow, but for actual rendering 2014 will probably be faster for multi-core CPUs.

4. milleron macrumors member

See this report in this forum for related information and hope.

5. MrFriday macrumors newbie

I have a 5k with CC photo and absolutely no problems.