Is the 6 worth it for $680 (from 5s)? Or wait?

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
I ordered the 6 plus for myself but my husband can't fit it in his pocket. He would love a bigger screen but really wants a phone that fits in his pants pocket. I haven't seen the new features yet, so my question is whether you feel the smaller 6 is worth that much money (mid-contract), or whether it's better to wait to upgrade him? He's got the 5s now.

I don't want to switch to Next, btw.

BoingoBongo

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
Switching from the 5s to the 6 mid contract is expensive and unnecessary.

That being said, I did it and couldn't be happier. :D

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
Boingo Bongo - funny. Accountforit - That's what I'm thinking. If I return it, his ATT account resets to the one year in, I hope (Apple has some language about possible ramifications on a phone return).

I got mine set up (the plus) and I love the big screen.

farmD

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2013
I would wait and sit out this one. Get the s series next year. Not enough significant changes to consider the upgrade other than the bigger screen. The 5s looks better anyways imo.

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
Thanks, all. I appreciate the responses. I think I'm going to pass for him and save his upgrade. (I continue to love my big 6 plus screen and the camera, btw).

Justin33

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
I'm 1 yr in to my 2yr contract. I have a 5s. Not worth it for me but I think my gf is going to buy it outright for me as a gift. Otherwise, I'll wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.