Is the 6S+ still a good buy / long term option?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hal~9000, Sep 17, 2016.

?

Which would you choose?

1. 6S+ 32gb (today) for $649

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. 7+ 32gb (who knows when?) for $769

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

With the 7+ coming out starting to trickle out, ever so slowly, is the 6S+ @ $649 for 32gb still a good buy / long term option?

If you could get a 6S+ today for $649 or wait for god knows how long to get a 7+ at $769, which would you choose and why?

Thanks for your input :)

2. alisalem macrumors member

I'm actually considering the 6s as I can't live with my slow 6 Plus anymore. If the 16 GB is still selling for $500 or so, it might actually be a good deal. I don't take a lot of photos and use Spotify, so storage at this point is not a priority. It should serve me well until next year's rumored iPhone 8.

I played around with the 7 and it feels as fast as a 6s. It does suffer from a few annoyances such as a warmer display which irritates me personally.

3. BigCanoe macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of getting a 6S+ with 64gb myself.

4. weesy macrumors regular

I have a regular 7 and I'm thinking of returning it for a 6s plus

5. Hal~9000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Any reasons in particular you guys are going with the 6S+ over the 7?

I take it you both feel the 6S+ is a good long term option.

6. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I just bought a 2 week old (mint used) 128 GB 6s Plus about 1 month ago and it's great. While the 7 is awesome, the good prices you can get on a 6s Plus right now coupled with its amazing performance and 3+ years worth of software updates make it a good long term buy. I don't think the performance differences between the 6s+ and 7 will be super noticeable, at least not for another year or two when the A9 starts to age.

If the 7 doesn't have anything that is super compelling to you and you can get a good deal on the 6s Plus, I'd say go for it. It's still an amazing phone that has a lot of life left in it.

7. weesy macrumors regular

I had a 6s plus previously that was having some battery issues so I gave the note 7 a try, but had to return due to recall. I couldn't preorder the 7 plus bc the reps kept giving me wrong info on what to do so I waited in line all morning to grab a new phone on launch day and ended up with a 7. Don't get me wrong, it's a great phone. I love everything new about it. But to me it's a size issue, I thought I could get used to it but the size of the regular 7 is a deal breaker. If I can't get my hands on a plus before the 14 days are up I'll just get a 6s plus for now.

8. Maggiep67 macrumors regular

Maggiep67

I just got the 6S plus in Rose Gold!! Absolutely loving it!! I'm sure the 7+ is a great phone (the camera sounds heavenly) but knowing the difficulties in obtaining it upon release, I didn't want to hassle with all that. I was using a 6 plus and was staring to have some minor issue (and the camera was on the recall list, just recently repaired). I wanted to upgrade my phone and the iP7 didn't knock my socks off. Happy that I went with th 6S plus and I am totally looking forward to next year's release.