Is the 7+ camera MUCH better than the 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WoodrowCall, Sep 22, 2016.

1. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

I got a 128gig matte black 7 last Friday, but my last iPhone was a 6S+. I'm wondering, for those of you who have gotten the Plus, is the camera noticeably better than the 7's? It's the only reason I would switch; I'm otherwise really happy with the 7, but if there is a large difference in the photo quality then I might have to return and get the Plus. Please let me know what you think!

2. anthonybkny macrumors 6502

anthonybkny

3. billybobjones macrumors newbie

the normal lens is the same. the plus has a telephoto lens that has better zoom, and can do fake bokeh and such

4. WoodrowCall thread starter macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Thanks for the replies; that's really helpful. I'm happy with the size of the 7, so I'll probably stick with it! I've been extremely happy with the photo quality thus far.

5. alee macrumors 6502

If the camera is a priority, the Plus is better, and likely to continue to get better with software. It's the 2x optical zoom (which is a big deal, don't let someone tell you it's not), and it's the more advanced image processing (both cameras always fire at the same time... and the 2 images produced are fused computationally into one).

Most of Apple's camera R&D is also going to be poured into the 7 Plus, not the solo cameras.

The only reason I can think of to go with the 7 is size. That becomes a personal decision only you can answer.