Is the 8g big enough?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DarkRapier, Oct 8, 2012.

1. DarkRapier macrumors newbie

I am a photographer, so most of my space will be used for photos. I have around 1000 photos on my iPad at the moment, but I'm thinking about getting a iPod touch to store the 1000 photos. I will also download some apps such as Pages or a couple games. I probably will only store a couple songs.

Is the 8g enough?

2. Virinprew macrumors 6502

I don't know. But my iPod touch 4th-gen 8GB actually has 6.4 GB of capacity. By the way, iPod touch 8GB is discontinued. You have to look at refurbish iPod touch.

3. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Are you actually going to be using the ipod touch to take photos?

If so, the 4th gen 8gb is awful; it's like 1.3mp or something like that.

4. jacobss macrumors 6502

You have to buy the 32GB version of the iPod touch 5G, It takes better pictures. There is no 8GB iPod touch 5G.

5. Project538 macrumors regular

I second this. I don't own one myself, but my sister does and she says the camera is absolutely horrid. I heard it's actually only 0.7 megapixels, although that might be wrong. There also is no LED flash and the low-light ability of the camera is pathetic. Even if you're just looking to store photos, you might benefit from a larger device. I've never found 8 gigs to be enough for my needs

6. DarkRapier thread starter macrumors newbie

No. I'm just storing. Most of my picture taking is done on a digital camera. I just want to free up some space on my iPad.

7. Xeblade macrumors regular

You could use a USB? That would be a lot better than an 8gb iPod touch. Unless you need the features...

8. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

What size ipad do you have?

You might be better off just selling your current ipad and getting the 64gb version of that (unless you've already got that). Simplifies it to only one device.
    But I'm a less is more kinda guy . . .

9. 617aircav Suspended

As a photographer I would think you would know how much space is enough for you. Only you can answer this question, and honestly its pretty easy to decide. If money is not an issue why not just go bigger?

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea, why not merely use a usb stick?

11. DarkRapier thread starter macrumors newbie

I plan to take it around where I go. It's lighter than the iPad and I can view, send, and edit my pictures on the go.

12. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Doesn't the iPad have a SD card adapter specifically for this purpose?

13. Project538 macrumors regular

Yeah, get the camera connection kit! Comes with an SD adapter and a USB adapter, it's like 40 bucks

14. dchao macrumors 6502a

OP must have a CCK already, otherwise how is he transferring the 1000's of pics from his/her digital camera onto the iPad in the first place?

I think OP just need more SD cards for storage or a larger iPad for backup. I don't think the CCK will work with iPT.

15. Project538 macrumors regular

While it's not exactly the most efficient method, you can always put the photos on your computer and then sync them to the iPad that way. You don't need a camera connection kit, it just makes things a heck of a lot easier.

16. dchao macrumors 6502a

Maybe the ipad is easiler than a laptop to carry in the camera bad (which might contain of very heavy lenses already) :)