Is the a Dual iPad 2 / Iphone Dock yet?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by SteelBusNole, Mar 28, 2011.

1. SteelBusNole macrumors member

Does anyone know if there is a Dual iPad2 / Iphone Docking station yet?

I would love to put something like that on my entertainment center as I think it would be a really nice looking piece of equipment to have.

2. A684TTQARX7 macrumors member

A684TTQARX7

3. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

4. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

as the iPad 2 + Smartcover is pretty much as thick as the iPad 1, it pretty much should, no?

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I read somewhere that you would have to take the smart cover off, put the iPad in the dock, then replace the smart cover. Not sure why, but this was coming from a person who has the dock and iPad 2 w/ smart cover so i'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

6. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I've been checking that dual charger out for awhile; I love the concept. Do you know if an iPhone with a bumper / silicone case would fit ok? Or does the iphone need to be naked to fit in the dock?

And also, is your iPad is naked / have a skin I assume?

Thanks in advance!

7. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

I spoke with a gentlemen at xtrememac today, said they are working on an update for this product, no date as to when it will be done and ready to sell. Like every iPad2 accessory it seems I want these days, I am told to just keep checking their website.

I blame Apple for being such a closed and secretive company for this btw..Love the products, hate the culture.

8. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

I looked couldn't come up with many (if any) distributors for this thing. But quite honestly, after watching an unboxing on youtube for this product the size of it scared me off. Love the functionality but it is HUGE! I am also hesitant to believe it fits the iPad2 properly since I haven't seen any pictures with one in there they only show ipads in there.

9. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

I posted a not so great photo in this thread.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1117788&highlight=extreme+mac+dock

It will dock with the smart cover but it is tight and pinches the cover leaving a mark.

The iPhone with a bumper did dock but not very well. I would dock the phone but come back later and find it had lost connection. I use the SGP thin case 99% of the time and don't have a problem with this case.

I love the dock and think it's worth every penny.

10. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Thanks for the pic. I have a thin silicone case on my iPhone. If I knew it would fit, I would definitely buy it!

11. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

The iPhone 4 fits with a bumper. I have a front and back skin on my iPad 2.