Is The AAPL Keyboard good for the wrist ???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Merkuryy, May 26, 2009.

1. Merkuryy macrumors regular

Merkuryy

I'm a economics students who brought the MBP 2 years ago. I'm approaching the graduation, so I got a lot of paper to read and specially, a lot of work to do through Microsoft Office(Blahhh!). After tapping about 30 thousands words in 1 month, My wrist began to hurt, the finger,too.

I'm also a Bboy, when doing handstand or airchair, I can feel my wrist stretch with a little pain in recent days. If I want to keep on bboying and finishing my semester before going to hospital, I'd better get a desktop keyboard, so my hands and wrist can work better. I remember playing PC games in high school vacation 8 hours a day without getting hurt.

As 98% of my work is done on Mac OSX(Also on Office 2008),I prefer to purchase an Apple Keyboard (better to be wireless). So the question is :ARE THEY GOOD ENOUGH TO MY WRIST? CAN I TAP 10 THOUSANDS WORDS without pain??? Or I should buy a standart PC keyboard, thanks i advance:eek:

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

3. RKpro macrumors 6502

To me, those apple keyboards don't look any more ergonomic than the macbook keyboards.

I've never been disappointed with Logitech keyboards/mice. Look for similarly priced Logitech keyboards like the Wave, the extra padding should be good on the wrists.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Learn Dvorak.

5. itou macrumors regular

it's good.
    and most of us type more although i doubt they do handstands or airchair?? whatever that is.

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Shhhhh, you're going to start a fight!:D

7. PDE macrumors 68020

My advice based on dealing with pain:

1, Get a tilted, neutral-position keyboard. Kinesis makes nice ones.

2. Make sure your sitting arrangements are ergonomic - google is your friend

3. Look up Mousekeydo - it's a method for typing without hurting yourself

4. Get a good mouse or other input device. Wacom's pads are great and easy to use as a comfortable input device. There are other, zero-tension ones like the AirObic mouse that eliminate much of the need to grasp and tense your hand and fingers

5. Learning Dvorak is not a bad idea - but only if you can use it all the time, otherwise I found it confusing to go back and forth.

6. Live happily ever after and avoid life-long injuries!

Oh, about the apple keyboard: it's fine but you want to type lightly since the keys have very little depth. It also is a regular flat keyboard so your wrists will inevitably not be in a neutral, ergonomic position.