Is the Air the right Laptop for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Rayban, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Rayban macrumors 6502

Rayban

I just recently bought a new iMac and I'm thinking of buying a laptop to go with it. I would probably use it for watching videos (Divx,mkv) , remotely controlling my iMac, VMWare with Windows, basic internet surfing and maybe some World of Warcraft. And maybe tweaking my songs in Garageband (unfortunately it doesn't have audio in :( )
    I really like the look and size of the Air but I'm just not sure if it would be powerful enough for my needs. I was thinking of a low end MBP but they're just too large. The regular Macbooks are great but the Air REALLY appeals to me. I've always loved small electronics (I had a Palm III and loved it!)
    So I ask you this: Is the Air right for me?
    I've read many topics here on the forums but just can't determine if it's the right Mac.

Edit: 1.6 GHz only. The high end Air is just TOO much.

2. Turmoil macrumors regular

From my experience it should work fine for your needs.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It should work fine for what you do. I use my Air for a bit of Lightroom and Photoshop work and it handles it adequately so if it can do that then it'll be great for you :)

4. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

Maybe you could wait for the Dell Adamo. This laptop so called ultraportable looks incredibly small and well designed.