Is the Airport problem covered in applecare?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Puffoath, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Puffoath macrumors newbie

Puffoath

Ok,
    I just got my first mac on tuesday of last week! it's awesome! but my only problem is with airport. When i'm at home the airport can connect perfectly with my linksys wireless g router. This morning it didn't work so well though. It began doing what it does at school......
    When i am at school i get three bars on the airport icon, but pages will not load and download speeds are extremely tiny. I can get from one webpage to the next if i turn off and turn back on airport or renew my DHCP lease. the good connection will last from a min. and a half to 30 sec. i also attempted reseting the PROM like was mentioned on the apple support discussion page. no luck.

i know many other people are having a similar problem. I was wondering if this is covered by the apple care i bought or am i gonna have to just sit here with problems. any help or condolences would be dandy. thank you

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

If the problem is indeed wrong with your Mac, AppleCare will cover it.

3. Puffoath thread starter macrumors newbie

Puffoath

except for spills. hahaha

yeah thank you. i haven't called them yet because i didn't know if it was worth my time.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Do you get good reception on other devices or laptops at your school? Perhaps the signal is weak there or there are interference?

5. dborja macrumors 6502a

If your Mac is still under warranty, your Airport is covered. I was told it's considered part of your Mac and, indeed, I've exercised this statement already with my AEBS (2 years old and no extended warranty) which is connected to my iMac (more than a year old with AppleCare)...