Is the anti-glare display "fuzzier"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by benj07, Jul 27, 2010.

1. benj07 macrumors member

Hi all,

To anyone who has the anti-glare display: does the picture seem "fuzzier" than the glossy screens? I'm contemplating AG vs. glossy. Most matte screens I have seen have some level of visual noise. This seems like a deal-breaker to me, but I haven't seen any other posts about the issue.

Thanks!

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Not that it matters but in perfect lighting, the glossy screen will have a clearer look than the antiglare due to the nature of normal matte screens. Not a deal breaker at all. Matte is better overall for most lighting conditions.

3. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

Not at all. Coming from the glossy screen on my MBP I love the replaced AG screen that replaced it.

4. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Got one yesterday. Everything is very sharp, no problems there. But in my experience everything is either way too bright, or all the colors are very dull/faded. Haven't found a brightness setting yet that gives me good/full colors without blinding whites.

I'd really advise you to keep looking for a store that has both on display so you can compare them yourself, or maybe a friend/acquaintance. Would've saved me a lot of doubting and eventually the dilemma I'm facing now.

5. neteng101 macrumors 65816

Compare 17" in store, they are the same resolution. Yes, IMO, matte is fuzzy, lacking the crispness and sharpness of the glossy.

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I think the display isn't quite as crisp as the glossy. I too contemplated the AG over the glossy but wound up sticking with the glossy instead. really like how the screen pops and seems more vibrant looking than the AG screen. I'm sure you can adjust the settings if you get the AG screen but I really like the glossy for its clarity.

7. sadcamper macrumors regular

I think most of us went through this dilemma...when looking at them in the store, there's no doubt that the glossy looks sharper.

That being said, when you get the matte home...you no longer have a direct comparison, and the screen no longer looks "fuzzier"...it's actually quite a beautiful display.

8. 1=1? macrumors regular

1=1?

Looks much sharper to me. I like my glossy, but if the antiglare had protection over it I would have went for it.

9. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Yes. I prefer the older style matte LCDs on the A1226/A1260 Macbook Pros, or the glossy ones on newer Macbook Pros with the glass removed. The glass has no place being there.