Is the Apple Care plan worth the $300 cdn?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by van2010rulz, Jun 18, 2010.

1. van2010rulz macrumors regular

So i have finally decided on a Refurbished Mac and was wondering if the Apple Care plan was worth it?

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/FC374LL/A?mco=MTgxMzM0Mjc
    This is it.

Is it worth it to buy the Plan. I know it does give me parts benefits and the call center after 90 days and the extended warranty.

Yes this is something i could google, but since i will have $300 left after the Macbook Pro and the case and the Apple Protection plan will completely clean me out.

What do you guys think?

2. greg555 macrumors 6502a

I always buy things like this with my Visa card that doubles the warranty. Then I don't buy extended warranties / service plans.

Greg

3. JonBorichef macrumors regular

JonBorichef

Well, it's really up to you. I decided not to buy it, but you never know. It's completely up to you.

Cheers,
    Jonathan Borichef

4. Vylen macrumors 65816

You have a year to buy the AppleCare plan, so just enjoy the machine for the year and if any problems arise with it, then you should consider getting the extended plan. So save up over the year ;)

5. van2010rulz thread starter macrumors regular

Thats something i never thought about even though i did know. I never thought about it like that. If i have a flaw with my Macbook Pro i could fix it under 1 year plan. If i have a problem during that year i can but the extra year before the year is up.
    Thanks!

6. Lola M macrumors member

I say its worth it. You never know. Computers are unpredictable, even Macs:) I bought AppleCare for my first MBP and I will get it again for the new one. What if? Things happen.

7. Andy348 macrumors 6502

Find a friend/family member that is a student. It'll cut down the cost around $100 (I think).

Its worth the peace of mind IMO.

8. BigAus macrumors member

Depends if the MacBook breaks I guess. I wouldn't bother getting it. Anyway you can get it any time in the 1st year (I think) so plenty of time to think about it.

9. van2010rulz thread starter macrumors regular

I think im going to go with Vylen's idea just because its the best way to go for me. I'm not spending $1000 on something im going to abuse. Yes Apple Care is useful in some ways, but i don't see anything happening after 1 year. If i have the money before the 1 year plan wares then i might go and buy but right now i don't have enough cash. Maybe after my summer job but not a the moment.

Thanks to everyone who was responded.