iPhone Is the apple ios 7 a new phone or just an update?

vikkydonlad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
I saw the apple ios 7 and I think it's really cool but it says it comes out in the fall. I was planning on getting the iPhone 5 soon but now I don't know if I should wait for the ios 7 because I want that or is it just an update? I can't figure it out, it looks just like the iPhone 5. So can someone please tell me a little about it but especially if I should wait because it's a new phone or is it an update?

Cgdoc519

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2012
California
I saw the apple ios 7 and I think it's really cool but it says it comes out in the fall. I was planning on getting the iPhone 5 soon but now I don't know if I should wait for the ios 7 because I want that or is it just an update? I can't figure it out, it looks just like the iPhone 5. So can someone please tell me a little about it but especially if I should wait because it's a new phone or is it an update?
It is an update to the Iphone 4/4s/5. It is not a new iPhone. That is not to say they do not release a new iPhone this fall but there is no official word on that right now.

Kohkane

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
There no official word but we all know that a new iPhone is coming this fall, from the rumored leaks, which are usually somewhat reliable, the 5S isn't looking to be that much of an upgrade.

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
it's a new phone, I'm enjoying the beta version of it right now. So much faster than the iPhone 5, can't wait til you noobs get this in september. I also have the iPad 8 and it's faster than the fastest super computers. Enjoy!