iPhone Is the apple ios 7 a new phone or just an update?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by vikkydonlad, Jun 17, 2013.

1. vikkydonlad macrumors newbie

I saw the apple ios 7 and I think it's really cool but it says it comes out in the fall. I was planning on getting the iPhone 5 soon but now I don't know if I should wait for the ios 7 because I want that or is it just an update? I can't figure it out, it looks just like the iPhone 5. So can someone please tell me a little about it but especially if I should wait because it's a new phone or is it an update?

2. Cgdoc519 macrumors newbie

It is an update to the Iphone 4/4s/5. It is not a new iPhone. That is not to say they do not release a new iPhone this fall but there is no official word on that right now.

3. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

There no official word but we all know that a new iPhone is coming this fall, from the rumored leaks, which are usually somewhat reliable, the 5S isn't looking to be that much of an upgrade.

4. cualexander macrumors 6502a

It's not a new phone, but you could say it will make your iPhone 5 new again. On the 4 and 4s, it's not that exciting.

5. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Its made my 4S exciting! :)

6. cualexander macrumors 6502a

Maybe it's just the 4 that is filtered down heavily then. I installed it on an old 4 and there's no parallax or anything like that

7. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

it's a new phone, I'm enjoying the beta version of it right now. So much faster than the iPhone 5, can't wait til you noobs get this in september. I also have the iPad 8 and it's faster than the fastest super computers. Enjoy!

8. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Or make it slower so you want a new phone again. At least that is what past history has shown us. :)

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

It will make existing phones feel like new phones, and the new iPhone 5S should be released with it in the fall.