Is the Apple Pencil an accessory you would have two of?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by biosci, Nov 19, 2015.

1. biosci macrumors 6502a

Just curious. Expensive but would you get two? One for home/work? Or just keep the one and guard it with your life?

2. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

Me personally? No. I'm very careful with my things and not apt to lose anything and I don't need one at work or at multiple locations.

I could justify if I was someone who is prone to losing it or if I wanted one for work and one for home, however that's not the case

Actually, I wouldn't mind just having one… Since Apple is so slow and making them available to the people who order them online. They're showing up in the stores much faster than they're delivering

3. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Yes, considering it needs to be charged about every four days and charging it ties up on the lightning port on your iPP it's probably a good idea to have one for use and another charged and on standby.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

5. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Presently I have zero. Need one. Wouldn't mind two - one to keep at work in case I forget to take one with me.

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Yeah I will get a second once supplies normalize just in case.

8. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

In practice I don't see this being a problem at all. Even if you completely let it die and had to go straight to a meeting or class you could make it through easily with the quick-charge function.

With my Surface Pen I just make sure to put it in the pen slot in my backpack when I'm done. Three years in and I haven't lost one, and I don't use the silly loop

9. Bad.Hat.Harry macrumors newbie

Bad.Hat.Harry

I could see how some would require 2 but speaking for myself I only ever see myself needing one. I take it to work with me, take notes, doodle on lunch, and bring it home do a bunch of sketching. Battery life has yet to be an issue for me.

10. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

I had 64% charge left in my Pencil yesterday afternoon, popped it in the bottom and it was 100% within 5-10 minutes!
    Amazing.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I would love to just have one.

Hard to believe that Apple has such a short supply of the pencil when it was so touted with it new iPad Pro. Did they not thing the pencil would sell. Seems like there is always something missing is a launch with Apple.

12. Cordorb macrumors member

haha - If you do get a second one make sure to mark it as a
    number 2 ticonderoga

Remember to push down on the charger cap - mine needed a little extra push before the magnet pulled it in all the way.

13. biosci thread starter macrumors 6502a

God tip. Sometimes I feel like I have to turn it a bit too to get pulled down....

14. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

How can you tell how much charge is left in the pencil? I keep charging mine all the time just because I don't know.