Is the Apple Tablet the new Macbook touch we been waiting for?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by leomac08, Aug 8, 2009.

1. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I mean isn't this the macbook touch we all been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u can touch the screen!!!!!! and move things like in the iphone or ipod touch!!!!

i think this should be called the Macbook Touch, not apple tablet!!!!!!!!lol

seriously!!!!

i think this would make a perfect new mini laptop, (sure its the size of a PSP) but i think renaming this product a macbook, would be a great new edition to the macbook family,

killer features i would love to see

- finger-print activation, so the tablet only activates on your command!
    - at least 1TB of memory would be insane!
    - please let it have a portable LED screen like the Samsung LED TV's
    -let it be under $600

2. Kyeris macrumors 6502

I really wouldn't think it would be only the size of a PSP. Considering the size of the iPhone and then the next step up the MacBook, making it the size of the PSP isn't really in the middle.

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

1TB of memory will not happen, especially for under $600 like you want.
    1TB hard drives aren't even in the Macbook Pros yet, let alone a smaller tablet type portable.

4. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

this is just my guess, i really think the apple tablet won't be as small as a PSP, but no bigger than an 8 inch screen.

the PSP screen is about 4.3 inches

i think apple might make 2 models one 5 inch and an 8 inch (this is just an example don't take it serious!)

the smallest macbook screen i have seen is 13 inches, i think if the apple tablet would be renamed the macbook touch, and apple would want to create a smaller macbook, than the white macbook, or pro, i think the appropiate size would be 8 inches.

oh no!, i do believe you. 1TB is just a dream i would like to see in the near future, since the imac's already have 1TB, i would be guessing the next generation of macbook's, pro's, air's will have more memory.

5. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

It's not actually about Apple creating the Macbooks with 1TB of hard drive space in them, since there isn't actually a limit in the Laptops at the moment, just the manufacturers don't currently make the right dimensions for laptops with more than 500GB space.

6. timestoby macrumors 6502

i thought maybe they would have the ion platform in it,but thats abit to big. maybe they will have nvidia tegra,they have the chip that does the 720p and the 1080p flash acceleration from the tegra gpu. but wotever it is id like an instant on feature for when you have to take a quick note or things like that lol

7. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

8. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

9. donuttakedonuts macrumors regular

It'd be nice if it printed US money legally and ran at 4 ghz and a 40° c processor temperature, had an Nvidia gtx 295, 12 gb of ddr3 ram, and a built in 1920 x 1200 projector too... But it won't. :D

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Well I do not believe that anyone has a clue as to what is going to happen. Or at least anyone that can talk.

But, since no notebook comes with the option for 1TB, I'd say we are a little off. $600 is not going to happen.