Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orestes1984

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2005
Australia
I could make an iPod out of one with not much effort. Buy an Apple TV1 that I could install a bluetooth chip in, get a small battery that fits inside the case and an SSD to cut down on space, snip the end off the power cord and wire it to the battery pack. There would even be enough room given the size of the components in the Apple TV1 and all I would just need is a set of bluetooth headphones to listen to music. It wouldn't be much bigger than the original iPod that Steve Jobs once said fits in your pocket. Whoops! No it's not an iPod. Some people have too much time on their hands to ask silly questions, so I'm going to waste your time with this post that is a silly wall of text as I think about the possibilities of how to make an iPod out of an Apple TV but never actually go through with doing it because I don't even have a soldering iron. I had a chicken sandwich for lunch.

Last edited:

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Actually, I thought I might find it under Accessories. As it was, I had to do a search of Apple's site. I guess it's not prominently featured anywhere since it's still a hobby.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
Actually, I thought I might find it under Accessories. As it was, I had to do a search of Apple's site. I guess it's not prominently featured anywhere since it's still a hobby.

it's on the front page of the apple online store!
how much easier do they need to make it !!!

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-17%20at%2011.42.01.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.