Is the apple watch affected by sharp repetitive movement?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mr_Sentry, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Mr_Sentry macrumors newbie

Hi. I recently replaced my old pebble with an apple watch sport, and one of the first things I was wondering was the question above. The reason I ask this is because I play a lot of golf, and my pebble got a little "glitchy" after not a whole lot of use on the course. Originally I thought it was exposure to heat from the sun, but my friend has had one for 2 years with no glitches, and he spends plenty of time outside. So, I figured it had to be the repetitive high speeds which I put the device through that is causing this problem, as it is the only other extreme thing I did with this watch. My question is, before I go destroy this apple watch the same way, is there anything I should be aware of regarding this? I thought the pebble was fine since one of the things it was designed for was golf, but obviously it was messed up somehow. I just don't want to do it twice, this time with a much more expensive watch. Thanks for the help!

2. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

3. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

I doubt golfing (which is a good way to ruin a nice walk) is what messed up your Pebble. Solid-state components require quite a bit more force than a golf swing can produce to damage. You had a dud Pebble, that's all... :)

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Unless you hit your watch with the club, nothing during a game of golf should effect your watch.

5. Mr_Sentry thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone! I bet you're all correct, I probably had a bad pebble and it looks like I'm safe to play with this watch!

6. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

I'm a drummer and it's not a problem for me. My  watch works just fine during and after I play 4 hours hitting the drums.