Carrier Is the AT&T 4GB data plan redundant?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bniu, Jun 20, 2014.

1. bniu macrumors 6502a

Am I missing something here? If the 2GB plan is $40/month with overages at $15/1GB and the 4GB plan is $70/month with the same $15/1GB overages, then what point is there in the 4GB plan? Wouldn't I just get the 2GB plan and pay the overages if I go over 2GB?

2. 617aircav Suspended

There are some that constantly use close to 4gb so they I guess will remain on the plan.

3. thehype31 macrumors regular

If you have a corporate discount, the discount would apply to the entire 70 dollar data bucket, but only to the 40 dollars of the 2 GB, and not to the overages.

4. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

F it, I'll stay on the 4GB plan. I KNOW myself, and I know I'll fret about using more than 2GB if I move down to the 2GB plan. I'll be annoyed when I go over it, and not enjoy my phone as much as if I just stick with the 4GB plan.

We are weird creatures psychologically.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, if you are using 3 or under you still get to save $15 it seems, and if you go over to around 4, then you just pay the same thing that you would anyway. Seems like any psychological downside would be outweighed by the higher potential of saving some money which is also helpful psychologically too. ;)

6. cynics macrumors G4

I can kind of understand the mentality of that. Kind of, why worry when I'm getting close to 2 gb when I don't have to worry until 4 gb.

However that in reality doesn't make sense.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The difference is Mobile Hotspot. It's enabled for the 4GB plan but not the 2GB plan. So if you have any need, at all, for mobile hotspot on AT&T, you're stuck paying for 4GB or higher.

8. monkey28rb macrumors 6502

False, Hotspot works on ALL mobileshare plans.

9. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

Isn't the 4GB plan $95 a month? Am I missing something? I'm paying $65 a month now for the 2GB mobile share plan but I always go over 2GB.

10. BeeJee macrumors 6502

Agreed, even my GoPhone plan with 2.5GB gets the hotspot for free