Is the battery fully charged?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by AGANG, Aug 15, 2015.

1. AGANG macrumors member

I have a 2015 retina macbook pro13" with 10.10.5 Yosemite. If i charge my macbook and when the orange light switch to green I see on the top of the screen (where the spotlight logo is) that the battery icon says: the battery is fully charged. BUT! If I open this: Apple logo>System report>Battery I see thats: Battery fully charged: NOT) so I think the green light says me bad information about battery charge.
    Is this a problem only for me, or have somebody this bug or problem too?

Please check your laptop and write hier under my question.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It won't charge all the way up to 100% unless you run it down to under 90% or so. If you just use it a bit and it only runs down to say 95%, it will not charge all the way back up to 100% to prevent overcharging and damaging the battery.

That graphic in the menu bar fudges the numbers to say 100% even when it is not. I'm assuming to keep people from worrying about their battery charge all the time.

3. AGANG thread starter macrumors member

4. AGANG thread starter macrumors member

Today I've charged up from about 30% but thats battery icon thing(maybe problem) is still here... Before that I did a SMC delete, because I hoped thats the problem ...but not.
    Are you sure, that is not a problem with my mac battery?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

What do you see for Power readouts in the System Report now after fully charging from 70% like you did?

6. AGANG thread starter macrumors member

Still this... The battery icon on the menu bar shows me battery is full but Power readouts in the System Report says battery is charging so isn't fully charged. I waited a bit more than the Reports said me full battery too as the magsafe2. I think the lights on the mag safe2 say me earlier that battery is full(=green).
    The SMC deleting wasn't helpfull.
    Is this problem or what? A bit annoying that earlier green light...:/

7. AGANG thread starter macrumors member

Here you can see, what I'm talking about. (Techtool Pro 8)

Attached Files:

8. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Again, this is not a problem. That menu bar fudges the readout to show 100%, when it is not really 100%.

9. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I don't see anything wrong there. Totally normal for the charge to float around like that in the upper 90s.

10. AGANG thread starter macrumors member

Yes. You say right: That menu bar fudges the readout to show 100%, when it is not really 100%.
    Ok so not a problem? Which is important, when I want to charge full the battery? I have to see the manu bar or the System report?

11. AGANG thread starter macrumors member

Is it good for the battery when I chech menu bar information which shows not really the full charge?

12. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Nope... this is normal and not a problem at all. You can just go off of the menu bar readout and things will be fine.

13. AGANG thread starter macrumors member

OK. Thank you very much your help. I appriciate your kind and help.