Is the education discount year-around?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by farmermac, Sep 1, 2009.

1. farmermac macrumors 6502a

Will it go away in september?

I know the free ipod deal is going away 9/8...But im interested in waiting until after september 9th for the possibly updated Macbook. Just curious to see if the education discount goes away until next summer.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Year round, but there are limitations on how much you can buy in a year.

3. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

The education discount is a permanent discount that Apple runs year round for students. However there is a limit to how much you can buy per year.

4. farmermac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Got ya. Thanks guys. Just curious...whats the limits?

I bought my iMac a month or so ago and was planning on buying a Macbook or MBP depending on what happens in the next few weeks. Is that too much too soon? Shouldnt be in my book.

5. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

This is from Apple.com:

Purchase Quantity

Faculty, Staff and Students purchasing from the Apple Store for Education Individuals will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic school year:

1. Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
    2. Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
    3. Notebook: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
    4. Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
    5. Software: A maximum of two (2) per software title may be purchased per academic year
    6. Apple TV: There is no limit on the quantity of Apple TV purchases per academic year
    7. iPod: There is no limit on the quantity of iPod purchases per academic year

6. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Take advantage of it while you still can... The discounts get slimmer and slimmer every year. It is getting to the point where your employer might have a better deal with agreements through Apple, (i.e. Coca-Cola, USPS, etc.) than direct from Apple edu sales. On campus can still vary widely.