Is the end near for Apple inc ?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Superman041, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Superman041 macrumors regular

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

I highly doubt even apple thinks they will last for ever, but at the moment they still seem to be hitting pretty hard.

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Yes, Apples end is near. Stock is at an all time low, their products are not in demand what so ever, their product names are not synonomous with household items and no one buys anything from iTunes.

The end is near for sure!

/Thread

/sarcasm

4. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

skimming thru the article... speaking only the event, how it become boring, only 5 mil iphone 5 sales, etc ,etc.

bottom line is -> sensationalist article. won't even bother to read it.

5. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I've given up on Apple becoming another Microsoft. Yes Apple Maps was a mistake and they "only" sold 5 million iPhone 5's in one weekend. Let's see... Those things cost $600 each (or more) and Apple gets their money up front. The carriers have to wait to get their subsidy money back. So Apple raked in 3 billion dollars in 3 days and they get to keep 2/3 of that money. So yeah, the end is near. Sell that Apple stock now... before it splits.

6. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

Horrible article. The author seemed to be trying to make a point but just never gets to actually make it.

7. jpine macrumors 6502

The Dreamforce looks like what I would imagine an Amway meeting would look like.

8. macuser1232 macrumors 6502a

macuser1232

Are you kidding me!? They are actually up quite a lot in the stock market! Haven't you noticed that no matter how high they are people still continue to buy and Apple stock continues to rise?

----------

Apple's end is not close nor will it be anytime soon. Hopefully Linux and OS X will take over. :)

9. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

You really aren't good at detecting sarcasm, are you?
    Oh look! He even left a convenient (but hidden) "sarcasm" tag underneath.

With regards to the link... Clearly link bait at its worst and the OP is obviously trolling.

10. macuser1232 macrumors 6502a

macuser1232

haha oh wow. *facepalm* Anyway yes I do indeed think we have a trol here.

11. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Lol! I was going to clue you in to the hidden tag but I see another poster already did :p

12. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

this isn't a WUM article. I'm being serious

13. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

The end of Apple? no.

But Apple will not be king forever, eventually some other company will come along with the " next big thing "

14. urkel macrumors 68030

Microsoft has made blunder after blunder for the last decade+ and they still are one of the top 10 companies in the world. (Same goes for HP and Dell) So even IF Apple started screwing up then it would take a very long time for them to fall off the top.

15. Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

Is anyone else getting tired of the "end of Apple" predictions?

16. Shrink, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Such an original thread. Why, no one has ever asked this incredibly astute question before. It certainly needs to be asserted that Apple is in the hopper at least ten or twelve more time.

And such a realistic assertion.

Of course Apple is going down the toilet. It's self evident. Crappy stock prices, rotten products, no sales.

I predict Chapter 7 in a matter of days.

:rolleyes:

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Anyone want to buy my iPad? I'm selling it for the low, low price of $3000 plus S&H.

18. dsah macrumors newbie

These doomsday predictions are constant for all large and powerful companies once they begin to exercise control. This has been said repeatedly of Microsoft, IBM, Apple and all other major tech brands.

However, it is unlikely one small disappointment (the iPhone 5 launch) will bring down the most popular and successful technology brand of our time. Sales popularity and profitability fluctuates with each new product release and it is very difficult to maintain a continuous upward trend in popularity. Just because the numbers weren't in line with previous levels of growth does not mean they are bad - it is very difficult to continue unabated exponential growth.

Authors always jump on minor issues or small sales decreases as if they fortell the failure of a company worth over $700 billion. Fluctuations are inevitable but don't spell the end of a company.