I've been itching to pick up an iBook but I'm on a tight budget. I don't really need one either, just want to have one again. It would be used 70% of the time for surfing and email. The other 30% (maybe more) would be used for iLife apps--create a small iMovie, maybe rip/burn a CD or two in iTunes, view photos in iPhoto, burn a VCD/SVCD. So, would a 900mhz G3 iBook be able to handle these tasks? And more importantly, going forward to Tiger and future versions of iLife, will having the Altivec engine be that much more important? Or put it this way if you could get a loaded 900mhz G3 iBook for $600 or a base 800Mhz G4 iBook for $750, which is the better deal?