Is the gmail app any good?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by aliensarecool, Nov 2, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That's all personal preference. I've been using the app on my iPhone and iPad since they added Push notifications. I like it enough to stop using the native Mail.app.

3. Nebulance macrumors 6502

Nebulance

I still love the standard Mail app. I sync my gmail account using IMAP and everything works great. I haven't tried the gmail app, but I think it's worth a shot to try to sync everything up in Mail if you haven't already.

4. DefBref macrumors 6502

Its free, just download it and try it. If you don't like it then just delete it.

5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Why aren't you just using gmail via the regular mail app? I use it on my wife's iPad only because she already has her Gmail on the Mail App, so then I use the Gmail app for the handful of times I might check my gmail on her iPad (most of the time I would just use my iPad and/or iPhone via the mail app).

6. 8pril macrumors member

I just tried it. Thanks so much for the suggestion. I like it much better than the native Mail app. I label all the mail I keep so I was waiting to get to a real computer to manage my mail. Now I can do it on my phone. :)