Is the haswell worth waiting for?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lifter7, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Lifter7 macrumors newbie

How much improved will it be over the current rMBP apart from longer battery life? I know I know..there are no known specifications, but with release being in 10 days ( possibly ) I'm pretty sure most of people on here will have an idea.

Before you comment, please realize that due to my region, apple products arrive here 2-4 months later after their release.

So let's say, if the pro gets released late october in USA/UK, it will not arrive here before Jan 2014.

I have a current old HP laptop ( broken battery, only works when plugged in LOL), and I'm heading college tomorrow, so I thought I might get myself a 8GB MBA, or maybe the current (old) retina. ( Will be paying full prices, there is no ref. service, and I don't trust used I want something to last).

2. hachiman macrumors regular

If that's the case, don't worry about it until it comes out. Then you have plenty of time to see benchmark results and see for yourself before you even get to buy it. Anything else is just speculations.

3. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

If you need it now, get it now, its not worth waiting for.
    If you can wait, get it later, and its worth waiting for.

4. skaertus macrumors 68030

skaertus

Which is your region?

You'll find out which are the specs of the new model in a few days, probably. Then you'll be able to decide whether it's worth or not. It will likely get better battery life, and a better video card. And better wireless and a faster storage too. But I suppose it won't get a faster processor or more memory.

If I were to buy one, I'd wait a few days.

5. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

Do we not have a 10,000 post Thread already for this?

6. whiteonline macrumors 6502

whiteonline

Is the haswell worth waiting for?

If you plan on reading this forum after it is released, yes.