iPad mini Is the holiday return policy true?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stonyboys, Nov 14, 2013.

1. stonyboys macrumors 6502

Can I really walk into an apple store tommorow and buy an iPad Air, open it up and use it until January and then return it for a full refund?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Yes. Just return it by two weeks after Christmas.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I think someone hacked their website and changed it from 2 weeks so they can "rent" iPads for 10 weeks so it's probably fake.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

6. stonyboys thread starter macrumors 6502

Just seems weird, because like the other guy said it's pretty much like having a free 2 month rental on an ipad of your choice... Is apple just banking on the fact that you're probably going to fall in love with it and not return it?

7. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Why are you so overthinking this? Virtually every major online and B&M company in the country has always done this including virtually every major department store as well as Amazon and just about everyone else. How/why would people shop for holiday gifts now if they didn't extend the return policy?

8. iono11200 macrumors member

It is absolutely true, at least for online sales. I bought 2 on 11/4. Delivered on 11/6. If I try to initiate an online return it states that I have until 1/7/2014 to return. I'm sure that people will do this, buy them then return, but to me, the iPad Air is so sweet that I have a hard time imagining anyone returning it, just my opinion of course. Very Nice Device,

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yup, pretty much. That and they expect many iPads to be bought and gifted over Xmas, so they are giving the recipients a chance to exchange or return them.

10. stonyboys thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow I was planning on waiting another year to actually buy one but I guess I might as well get one just for the holiday season.

11. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

I purchased an ipad air on nov 8th and the return date on my receipt is nov 22nd. Is my receipt wrong then?

I'm trying to decide if i should upgrade to 32gb and having more time would be nice.

I'm in the US btw.

12. PDFierro macrumors 68040

13. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

If you buy in store, the receipt prints out 2 weeks. It has been up to debate whether or not they will honor the Jan return date. Who knows until you try. Apple has been good generally, but it is a big risk if you plan for an outright refund.

If you order online, they will give you the Jan date.

I ordered online, and picked up in-store. There is no return date on my invoice at all. And the employee that helped me check out said Jan (although he said it was a good question, and didn't seem sure).

14. stonyboys thread starter macrumors 6502

Just for people to be informed, I talked to an Apple rep with the apple.ca chat support tool and they said that it applies to retail store bought ipads too.

15. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Jan 7 is correct for any item bought online or apple retail since Nov 1st

16. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

NO ONE RETURNS APPLE PRODUCTS - unless it has one speck of dust under the screen, a half-millimeter plastic gap between the lcd and the bezel, uneven feel of the aluminum back on an iPad, missing gamut colors on a new iPad mini retina, iPad AIR that has yellow tint on uppe half or lower half for majority of people, flex in the macbook keyboard, the etched qwerty keyboard printed letter "O" not being completely round enough, glossy screen that is too glossy causing eye problems, battery life that isn't 20 hours as stated when using mavericks, defect in the speaker on an iPad because it sounds "tinny", mag power adapter that is too strong and doesn't come off when yanked, backlight leaking on all apple lcd devices, backlight leaking on iPad AIR when blasting full 100% brightness using a black wallpaper viewing the screen in a non-lit closet space, browsing a bad website that is coded terribly but yet complains of screen LAG because it can't scroll 120fps, and the list goes on.

You guys are lucky you get this sort of return policy! If it wasn't apple retail store, you'd be lucky to even get a return policy at all!