Is the home button supposed to wiggle?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshwithachance, Jul 14, 2010.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

There's a slight wiggle to my home button and I was wondering if that's normal? I feel like it is because it's a physical button but just wanted to make sure :D

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Mine doesn't but 75% of the display models at the apple store, the home button did move side to side when I messed around with them. My sleep/wake button wiggles though.. :rolleyes:

3. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

My home button doesn't wiggle, it's solid in it's socket and gives a satisfying "click" when you press it that you both feel and can hear.

It's very like the iPod touch home button and nothing like the "spongy" home button of my iPhone 3G I owned before.

4. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

Mine wiggled like the first few days but I can't make it happen anymore....

Wait, we're still talking about the button right?

5. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Mine doesn't wiggle at all. It doesn't really click, but I'm sure over time it'll loosen up.

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Well...

When I got my iP4 the home button had a slight wiggle to it (up/down/left/right)

My 3G was solid and most people told me their iP4 home button was solid, yet some said theirs had a wiggle too.

I got my iP4 on launch day. I noticed a few days ago that my home button stopped wiggling, it is now as solid as my old 3G.

When I noticed the wiggle the first time I showed it to my wife, for her to only :rolleyes: at me.

I let her have a go at the home button after I noticed no wiggle and she confirmed that I'm not imagining things.

7. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

well it's VERY slight and my home button clicks very nicely so I'm happy :D

8. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

Mine is fine but I would suggest you call Apple and get it replaced. When my brother got his 3GS they replaced it because the button wasn't "clicky" enough

9. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

oh it clicks fine lol.

10. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Mine doesn't. And I preferred the 'mushy' home button on my 3GS.

11. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

hmmm I guess I thought it was normal... but apparently I'm wrong.

12. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Yeah, it moves down when I press it, and it moves back up when I release.

Look, if you don't want to get answers you don't want to hear, then don't post questions.

My home button doesn't "wiggle" or move side to side. I rocked my thumb from left to right over it, and there's no movement.

If your annoyed at your home button, then that's something to take up with your local Apple store.

Calling those who took the time to answer your question liars isn't the way to do things.

13. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

My iPhone 4 has a bit of wiggle. It's not too bad. The problem with mine is that it I am pressing with my fingernail I hafe to make sure to press dead center oc the home button, otherwise it does not register. If I press with the pad of my thumb or fingertip it registers fine. Most clicks are very "clicky" very audible. Sometimes it sounds a little "crunchy"

I have done many exchanges of iPhones ov the last two models. Every one of them had a slightly different feel to the home button. My 3GS is super mushy compared to my iPhone 4.

I like the 4's button. It could be better

Nothing beats my ipads home button. Very nice.

14. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I'm just saying they'll replace it for pretty much anything, just don't mention the reception problems.

15. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

Mine wiggled a bit. I went to go replace, the replacement unit also wiggled so I just kept it. 7 of 10 display units had the same wiggle. My best friend who waited in line with me has a perfectly solid button. meh.

16. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

Mine doesn't wiggle at all. I think it's dead.

17. Katanae macrumors member

Mine doesn't wiggle, but when I press it not in the center but towards the edge of the button it does not feel like a solid click and sometimes creaks a little. Is that normal?

18. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

If it's a slight wiggle and it doesn't do it all the time. I believe it's normal. It's not going to be exactly solid since there has to be a little bit of space surrounding the button so it can press down. I can't really explain it sorry but I'm sure you guys know what I mean

19. samcraig macrumors P6