Is the iMac for me?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by george1005, Aug 11, 2007.

1. george1005 macrumors newbie

Hi, everyone. I am seriously thinking about making the switch. I'm looking for some guidance as to whether or not the iMac is for me.

My computer uses are generally pretty basic:

- Surfing the net, email, etc.;
    - Music;
    - Storing Photos.

Here's my one concern. I currently play some games on my PC. Most are not graphically intensive, but I play them quite a bit. Will Bootcamp serve my gaming needs well?

Really, there is no other reason I have for staying with a PC aside from these games. I like much of what I hear about the Mac platform.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. SolrFlare macrumors regular

Well, what type of games do you play and what are the specs of your current PC?

3. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

imac should suit you fine, mind what model you get regarding your games although it all depends how graphically intensive they are, bootcamp will do you fine though

4. george1005 thread starter macrumors newbie

Football Manager (I know there is a Mac version)
    Crusader Kings
    Europa Universalis
    Front Office Football

Most of these are older or require minimal graphics.

Thanks.

5. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

yeah imac fine with that, if you want to check your self, look at game requirement's against what the imac has

6. george1005 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about the $1,499 model. These games are not intensive at all (Football Manager, Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Front Office Football).

Thanks.

7. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

yeah that should be fine, unless you wanted to play much more intensive games then id check it out first

8. george1005 thread starter macrumors newbie

The only game I see myself purchasing in the next couple of years is the new Football Manager, but they offer a Mac version.

The reason the IMac interests me so much is that I have limited space. My desktop takes up too much room, and it's also five years old.

Thanks again.