Is The iMac Screen Issue Resolved?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by peestandingup, May 31, 2008.

1. peestandingup macrumors regular

I remember all the controversy when customers started getting their new iMacs late last year about Apple supposedly using a lower quality LCD. I think they even got sued over this.

There were also some issues with the screen being washed out towards the bottom from a lot of users too.

Anyways, has anyone heard if they have resolved these issues with the latest revision of the new model iMac?? Im gonna be doing a lot of photo/video work & cant have issues like this. Thanks.

2. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

If you do a search for pixel, gradient or backlight you will find a wealth of answers. The new 20" iMac still gets a fair amount of complaints for viewing angle and color quality. The new 24" still has quite a few complaints for dead pixels, stuck pixels, gradient issues and backlight bleed.

3. pb125 macrumors newbie

I personally don't see the problem. At first I had a dead pixel, but I took it to the apple store and received a new imac right away and the screen looks great. I guess im just not that picky

4. mr.light macrumors 6502

Maybe I've just been lucky. I've never seen any of the issues that others have complained about. Mine has been great since purchase a year ago.