Is the imove app really worth the $5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bababoey14, Jun 24, 2010.

1. bababoey14 macrumors regular

What say you? I'm not going to make a ton of movies....is it a must have for $5?

2. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Many people love it.

However I have no idea how to use it.

3. sgosine macrumors member

Sounds like you answered your own question...

4. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

But I want to be able to make 720p videos. It's really butch of Apple to just not include it standard on the phone....getting every penny from your customers lol

5. kaelell macrumors 6502

its a question only you can answer. How much are you going to use it. For $5 considering what it does and how well it does it, its peanuts to pay for it. It could be $15 plus and still be worth it.......IF you are going to use it.

value is relative to what its worth to you.

6. kaelell macrumors 6502

theres no reason you cant record stuff and edit on your pc/mac just like before. the app is just a bonus to be able to do the editing on your phone.

7. sgosine macrumors member

I would say that if you want to do some 720p video perhaps check out the imovie version for mac, Its definitely more robust and you will be able to export to a myriad of devices. I would think once you gained a bit of proficiency which should not take long you would be in a great spot to make your decision regarding how useful the app would be to you. Hope that helps.

8. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Oh come on. You can't even get a beer at the ballpark for $5. It this really worth even thinking about? I'm going to buy it out of curiosity. If I don't like it, honestly, I've spend more money on parking that was a lot less gratifying.

10. richard371 macrumors 68000

24 ratings and only 1 star. people are demanding refund.

24 ratings and only 1 star. people are demanding refund.

11. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

Considering it costs less than a meal at most fast food establishments, and then it's yours to keep forever, I'd say that if you're going to use it to make *ANY* clips, then yes, it's well worth a measly five dollars.

12. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Umm, check again. 99 ratings and 4.5 stars.

13. noobinator macrumors 601

I think it's an extremely great price for such a powerful application. Some of you pay $1 or more to see women in bikinis or a virtual beer so you shouldn't mind paying 5 bucks for a movie editor.

14. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I think it will be pretty cool.

However, having the fulll imovie on my mac and other programs I'm not really sure how much editing I'd actually do on my phone.

15. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I take it you don't have a Mac. We get iMovie on our computers already so most of us won't really see the value in iMovie for iPhone Unless it adds new transitions or themes. Or you are a hardcore YouTube blogger.

And yes you are able to make a 720p video. Haven't you done that already? You can also trim your videos just like on the 3GS. The iMovie app lets you edit multiple clips. $5 is perfectly fair.

16. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It's worth the price simply for the ability to edit a clip/slideshow together right off your phone, without any laptop, or syncing. To me, that's worth more than $5.

17. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

If you just want to throw some pictures and videos together quickly with simple transitions and themes, then iMovie for iPhone is right for you. It's not for hardcore editing obviously but it could be good if you want to show family what you did on vacation or something. (With a dock connecter to vga, composite, or component adapter.)

18. germanjulian macrumors regular

19. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

1 star, 2 star, 3 star, 4. The iTunes rating system is something to ignore.

Seriously, you cannot judge an app by its stars or even reviews in iTunes. People are entirely too subjective.

20. tevans333 macrumors member

Ok, so why can't I find it in the app store on my phone? I searched both "imovie' and "apple inc." to no avail. I can find it no problem on my laptop, but unfortunatly I am at work and the laptop I sync with is at home. I was hoping to mess around with it today and kill some time.

21. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Some people rate 1 star because it wasn't what they were looking for.

22. tevans333 macrumors member

This is not the Apple iMovie app, this is made by a company named AppOmator. The apple app has a very high rating.

23. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Click this link on your phone. The app store will come up with iMovie.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imovie/id377298193?mt=8

24. tevans333 macrumors member