Is the Interface lag on the 6+ hardware or software related ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalebnate, Oct 15, 2014.

1. kalebnate macrumors 6502

I do notice some lag when scrolling that seems to come once and then remain smooth if I try again, especially in some apps or pulling out the control panel.

Is this software (optimization etc) or hardware related (RAM etc) ?

2. ScottishDuck macrumors 6502a

ScottishDuck

My guess would be that it's software. What needs to be remembered is that the resolution of the 6+ is still less than that of the iPad. The hardware is certainly more than capable of driving this display.

3. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

That is what I thought, it needs further optimization to smooth out the issues. The iPad has 1GB ram as well right, with a retina display and no lag as I believe ?

4. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

5. kalebnate, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014

kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure if lag is the correct term but there are some animation stutters occasionally when you do an action (the first time only).

I notice this consistently with what's app scrolling through contacts or chat. Maybe because they haven't optimized it for a bigger screen yet.

6. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I would guess that if this is happening, it's because of how the display is being scaled. It's not the same as the iPad which only has to render the elements at their native resolution. With the 6+ the display elements are first rendered at a higher resolution and then downscaled to the native display resolution. This makes things look better but it requires more hardware processing power. The early retina Macbooks had the same issue.