iPad Is the iPad Air top-heavy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by calvol, Nov 4, 2013.

1. calvol macrumors 6502a

Just curious, does it seem top heavy? I picked one up in the store from the bottom left corner, and it seemed as heavy as my iPad2. Has anyone noticed if the weight is perfectly balanced, or is it just me.

2. prism macrumors 6502a

It is just you!

3. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I agree with you that it's top heavy - you can counteract this to a degree by holding it towards the middle in portrait and moving the keyboard up from the bottom of the screen.

4. MandyAW92 macrumors member

5. SL4VE macrumors 6502

put blutack on the bottom back to counter weight it

6. Shearwater macrumors regular

Shearwater

Try balancing it on one finger.....your finger seems pretty close to the centre..:):)

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

What is the top???? Is the OP referring to portrait and the camera up? If so take at look at iFixit and you will see the batteries are centered for portrait. So the weight would be equally spaced.

8. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Nope, it is quite perfectly balanced. Stick your finger on the Apple logo and you will easily have it balanced in the center.

Another test - flip it upside down. Pretty sure it will have the same feeling.

9. caesarp macrumors 6502a

The 3 was very unbalanced/top heavy. Not the air. It may not be perfectly centered, but its close. I think the side with the battery will always be a little heavier.