Is the iPad JB safe?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by SephirothXR, May 30, 2010.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

I've been reading about a few issues.. and the DevTeam did say something about how this was more of a beta, but is it still safe? It won't permanently crash my iPad right? Would it be recommendable to just wait for the 2nd spirit jailbreak of the iPad?

2. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Yes, it is safe.

What you do with it afterwards is up to you. It can be safe if you know what you're doing, and it can just as easy be unsafe if you don't know what you're doing.

Stick to some themes and tested/reliable applications (SBSettings, Winterboard and some others)...and you should be okay. Some apps are riskier than others to use, and those can potentially f*ck up your iPad, but nothing that a simple restore from iTunes or DFU mode can't fix. :)

3. henneth macrumors member

I have had absolutely no problems at all, not with battery, stability or anything else. I have stuck to only a few apps so far, namely sb settings (a must) and backgrounder.

I just want Winterboard to get their **** together so I can sexify this badboy.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It's totally safe. I've used it on my iPad twice and have had no problems. Just remember to backup your SHSH blobs!

5. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Yes, it's 100% safe and reversible too should you not like it.