Is the iPad mini pretty much guaranteed?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by metzy25, Oct 18, 2012.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I'm really hoping for an iPad mini the other day I had too sell my iPad 3 because the engine in my car went out. Now I'm contemplating selling my Xbox 360, buying an Apple TV and using the rest of the money for the ipad mini. I don't want too sell the Xbox and then the iPad mini doesn't come out. So what's your guys thoughts? Is it pretty much a lock for it be released? I'm an 18 year old kid that has a job but can't afford paying out of pocket without getting rid of something so that is out of the question.

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

What else could they be holding an event for? Maybe just sox updates but I doubt it

3. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I'm not sure, I know last year they had the media event for just like books and all that, when they didn't release any hardware.

4. jkeekij macrumors regular

Being that the XBox is going to be worth the same money after next Tuesday just wait for the announcement and then sell. IMO, I think there is something coming.

5. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I can sell the Xbox now for $250, I'd buy an Apple TV for $70. But I don't know if ill get the same offer for the Xbox the day after the announcement. I'm hoping for the $250 price tag for one of models but that's not even gauranteed.

6. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Nothing is guaranteed ... Except death and taxes! (Sorry, couldn't resist ... I am hoping for the Mini as much as you are :)

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

OK u fixed the car, have u notice the price at the pump lately? Maybe u need the money for gas now! ;)

8. tensiondeadache macrumors regular

I sold my iPad 3 to pay for a vacation to Mexico City. Now I have a Nexus 7, which I am about to sell to pay for an iPad mini.

9. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I think you could do without the mini and spend your money more wisely. Sounds like a savings account would be a great idea.

10. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Surprisingly gas is becoming cheaper where I'm at

11. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

I think apple hints when they say "we have a little more to show u" or something like that.

12. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

Oh leave the guy alone! If he wants to sell his XBOX then let him. I sold off my entire Coach bag collection so I can get the iPad Mini. We have savings, but there is no way I'm touching it since winter is coming and husband's work gets a little slow in winter.

13. mantan macrumors 68000

I agree. And at least the kid is selling something and paying cash. A lot of people would just incur debt and start that ugly snowball rolling...

14. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

Yeah, my husband would never allow that. It's okay, it's not like I go anywhere to carry those bags. I'm a hermit these days.

15. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

I'm considering unloading my 15" MBP since it is pretty much desk bound since I got an iPad and we already have an iMac. Could use the money to buy my daughter's iPad mini for Christmas (and still have some left over).

16. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

What's the rush to sell? Just wait a few days and you'll know for sure.

17. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Because I'm not sure if ill get the same offer.

18. jcliden macrumors member

I think at this point, it's pretty much set that iPad mini will come out. something i found today looking through the verge: iPad mini rumor roundup