iPad mini Is the iPad mini w/retina the next white iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rrjr80, Nov 9, 2013.

1. rrjr80 macrumors member

rrjr80

As I stopped in an Apple store today I overheard a couple of the employees speaking about the 'later in November launch' of the retina iPad mini. Their discussion reminded me of a similar one I heard when people were waiting for the white iPhone. They basically were discussing the fact that some customers have been coming in and buying an iPad Air and actually admitting that they plan to return it when the retina mini is released. The employees both seem to think the iPad mini with retina will receive a significant delay, but obviously it is only speculation on their part.

I just can't help but wonder if it is the white iPhone 4 situation all over again. I couldn't imagine that Apple would make the same mistake, especially considering that a long delay would cause them to miss the holiday rush but hey, who knows?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Apple Store employees have about as much information regarding the supply chain as you or anyone on these forums. There's nothing to suggest at the moment that there are problems on the horizon with the Mini.

3. rrjr80 thread starter macrumors member

rrjr80

I'm aware of their lack of information, as it has been well documented. Equally well documented however is that their indeed have been indications that there could be retina mini supply issues. A few stories have appeared on the MacRumors front page regarding this.

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

This is true, but I've interpreted those as just having short supply as opposed to the manufacturing problems of the white iPhone.

5. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

No, these are real problems regarding the screen burn in process that Sharp, which was supposed to be the largest supplier of screens to Apple, is experiencing.

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Ok, guess I spoke too soon.