is the ipad pro 9.7" keyboard easier to sue then the apple bluetooth regular keyboard?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by steve knight, Nov 29, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

my wife is blind and sometimes the regular keyboard is a pain on her ipad. would the smart keyboard be easier to use? and does she have to remove the apple ipad back and or front cover to use it?

2. DragonPrime120 macrumors member

DragonPrime120

While I'm not sure about if its easier to use or not, all you need to do in order to attach is is have a case that exposes the side of the iPad with the smart connector, and the keyboard attaches magnetically and just works.

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

with apples return policy its worth a try. she does not need it all the time and likes her blue smart case .

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I have the ASK for the 12.9. It's nice. But the one for 9.7 is pretty small. Get the standard Apple Magic Keyboard.

5. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I thought about that too since she is not caring around the keyboard. but i got it so I will have her try it an we can exchange it. with her simpler is better I have found. she does not even use the mac mini anymore she can't talk back to it as well las her iPad.

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I love my Mac mini.

7. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

i have the 9.7 ASK and while it took a short while (couple hours) to get used to it I know can type just as fast or faster than on my apple BT KB on my iMac. I love it but as someone mentioned you have 14 days to bring it back so what is the harm in giving it a try? I tried the pencil for a week, tried not using it for a week and never found myself reaching for it so I took it back to best buy full refund. Not a chance in heck that I would take back my pro or the keyboard.

8. RudySnow macrumors regular

RudySnow

I think you can sue both fairly easily but I'm not sure if a judge will hear the case.

9. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

the bad of using the full size keyboard with the pro mini is you have to remove the back case too because the corners sit on the dock part ad won't let the iPad make good connection with the keyboard my wife tried Facebook and they keyboard would not work same with safari had to reboot the iPad. she still can't use the keyboard to enter the lock screen password where the regular apple keyboard would.