Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
For me, I think it’s a resounding YES! It was unlike Apple in some ways; we asked for a bigger battery and we got the best battery life we could ever imagine (prior to iOS 14 that is), we asked for a premium design, we got the frosted glass-back design, we wanted the more camera options, and we got the “pro” cameras working ever so well in tandem.

I’ll have to single out the inclusion of a bigger battery because usually Apple sacrifices battery life in favour of a much thinner device. It was much thicker than the XS Max even after removing the 3D Touch layer as well.

Is the 11PM the best iPhone for you? If not, what is the best iPhone for you guys? Let’s share!

Reactions: Tsepz

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Well not everyone owns every device hence people will tend to comment on their purchases and wether or not they liked them.

The 12 will be as successful as the 11 series in my opinion. Enjoy your device.

Reactions: akash.nu

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
The battery life was the main thing that awed me with the 11 Pro (Plus/Max phones are just way too big for me). If Apple never released the 12 mini, I’d still be using and loving my 11 Pro.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
iPhone 11 Pro. Way better size than both the 11 and Max. And better than the defect infected 12 series they’re selling these days.
Yeah, what’s up with the issues on the 12 series... Saw a few threads about OLED flickers/green hues, cosmetic issues and sub-par display calibration problems. It has been a rocky launch!

Madtiger27

Suspended
Nov 17, 2020
Yeah, what’s up with the issues on the 12 series... Saw a few threads about OLED flickers/green hues, cosmetic issues and sub-par display calibration problems. It has been a rocky launch!
Those issues happen on EVERY SINGLE iPhone release! What are you talking about?! LOL Last year, i saw a lot of threads on 11 issues from display to dust under camera to headaches from PVM to camera issues.

But hey, the 11 PM is a great device. My wife loves it. I prefer the 12 PM for the slightly better display, better build quality & strength, and significantly better camera in all aspects with minimal hit on battery life.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
Those issues happen on EVERY SINGLE iPhone release! What are you talking about?! LOL Last year, i saw a lot of threads on 11 issues from display to dust under camera to headaches from PVM to camera issues.

But hey, the 11 PM is a great device. My wife loves it. I prefer the 12 PM for the slightly better display, better build quality & strength, and significantly better camera in all aspects with minimal hit on battery life.
Yeah, I know each year’s release brings about issues but I think the complains for this year has been quite jarring. I don’t own any of the 12 series so I can’t say if I have faced any issues... Loving my 11PM and I’ll probably replace the battery soon and use it for another year!

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016

Strikes me as normal on an enthusiast forum when a new device is launched. Wouldn’t be too alarmed over it.

Reactions: madrigal77

Madtiger27

Suspended
Nov 17, 2020
Yeah, I know each year’s release brings about issues but I think the complains for this year has been quite jarring. I don’t own any of the 12 series so I can’t say if I have faced any issues... Loving my 11PM and I’ll probably replace the battery soon and use it for another year!
If you need a new battery already, then you’re charging it or letting it discharge wrong. Or something is wrong with your phone battery! My wife’s 11 PM battery health is at 98% i think.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
If you need a new battery already, then you’re charging it or letting it discharge wrong. Or something is wrong with your phone battery! My wife’s 11 PM battery health is at 98% i think.
Mine is at 92%. It didn’t drop below 20%, ever, simply because of its amazing longevity on a single charge. I know I don’t have to change it at 92% but I might for the kick of it.

Madtiger27

Suspended
Nov 17, 2020
Mine is at 92%. It didn’t drop below 20%, ever, simply because of its amazing longevity on a single charge. I know I don’t have to change it at 92% but I might for the kick of it.

So, you want some random person at Apple Store with unknown experience to tear into your phone, replace the battery, and then attempt to seal it back to factory specs of water resistance......just for the kick of it?

You have more courage than me...good luck!

Reactions: Al Rukh

Madtiger27

Suspended
Nov 17, 2020
I do think that the 12 PM camera system is truly amazing. If 12 PM did not exist, then i would still be on 11 PM, which itself had a great camera. 12 PM camera just takes it to the next level IMHO.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
It really is no different. It heats up this time of year and there's always a couple of loud folks that come through and nitpick every tiny little bug and all of the alarmist "-gate!!!" threads, Apple has slipped, Steve never would have approved, etc. etc.

It'll pass. Both my Mini and my 12 Pro are fantastic and flawless hardware-wise so far as I can tell, of course excluding the giant gouge in the stainless steel frame by the SIM tray. That was just me being impatient in the dark.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
Don’t listen to them, no one is forcing You to buy one lol, like my 12 better than my 11 pro I had, no issues here.

keti2377

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2020
Yes, I loved my 11 PM, but the 12 PM is sooooo much better for me. I LOVE the square design (as someone who never had a squared iPhone), and I’m so glad that Apple brought it back. The phone feels and look premium and the camera has improved compared to the 11 PM. I find myself reaching for my phone camera than using my DSLR for social media lol. Less set up when I use my phone and less editing because of all the background work that the computational photography already does for me.

The battery life on the 11 PM is the best that I’ve ever had on a phone but the 12 PM comes close and I can easily get a full day use out of it (I’m a heavy user), which is what I wanted and that’s initially why returned my regular 12, hated the battery life.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Aside from playing screen lottery and settling, I feel that my 11 Pro Max is the best iPhone I've had.

I do not intend to get the 12 series as that yellow screen thread gives me dreadful deja vu.

Add on the threads including raised blacks, OLED flickering, signal trouble, smaller mAh batteries, camera focus issues, etc and I'm not touching it.

Madtiger27

Suspended
Nov 17, 2020
Yeah, 11 never had any display issue....

Heck, even LCD had issue: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...o-screen.2222589/?post=28201279#post-28201279

You guys have bad memory..... :D

Reactions: ericwn

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Pretty hard to make the case that the 11 PM is better than the 12 PM. I guess you could argue the 11 PM was better in 2019 than the 12 PM is in 2020 (relative to the competition at the time), but even there, not really seeing it.

Reactions: madrigal77

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
For me, I think it’s a resounding YES! It was unlike Apple in some ways; we asked for a bigger battery and we got the best battery life we could ever imagine (prior to iOS 14 that is), we asked for a premium design, we got the frosted glass-back design, we wanted the more camera options, and we got the “pro” cameras working ever so well in tandem.

I’ll have to single out the inclusion of a bigger battery because usually Apple sacrifices battery life in favour of a much thinner device. It was much thicker than the XS Max even after removing the 3D Touch layer as well.

Is the 11PM the best iPhone for you? If not, what is the best iPhone for you guys? Let’s share!

It is indeed for me, the 12 series have made me appreciate my 11 Pro Max even more, I think it’s the best balance of Power, Design and Battery Life.

I hope the 13 Pro Max comes out as a true 11 Pro Max successor e.g. larger battery (4000mAh at least) and more ergonomic design.

Something I really like in the 12 Pro Max is the new camera and extra bit of zoom but looking at pictures taken by 12 Pro Max I am left a little underwhelmed given the hardware in there, I hope it gets better with software updates.

With the above said, one cannot go wrong with anything between iPhone 7 Plus all the way to 12 Pro Max, all great devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.