Is the iPhone 4 launch better than Christmas?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xanderhoff, Jul 22, 2010.

?

answer based on excitement level only, not whether or not you like your family

1. Yes, better than Christmas morning!

30 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No...

23 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. I'd rather have a candlelight dinner with Steve.

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. Xanderhoff macrumors member

Xanderhoff

In my opinion, yes. The excitement of the launch in Canada is pretty big right now! and coming internationally on the 30th.

(probably won't apply to you americans as the excitement is over, but please answer in the past tense, lol)

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

3. Storrow macrumors regular

Why is it so exciting? Apple made a horrible defective product that is going to be completely redesigned in less than a year.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

So the iPhone launch = coal in the stocking? ;)

5. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I really enjoy my iPhone, but it's not comparable with the incarnation.

6. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Christmas morning doesn't cost $299 (subsidized) or make you wait on line for hours to get to the tree. And the iPhone doesn't have ham.

7. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

8. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

Here, try mine.... it works great. :)

9. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

mole!!!

I'm tired of Troll :)

10. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

No. On Christmas I don't have to wait in a long line for my gift or wait for the delivery person to ring the door. My sweetie just sets my gift into my lap, while I enjoy some coffee on the sofa, next to a warm fire. :D

11. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Until I get paid vacation from work on iPhone launch days, christmas wins by default.

I'm sure most of the people who voted "yes" did so only because they go to their in-law's house for christmas. Or don't celebrate it.

12. aluren macrumors 65816

13. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

what about the other 364 days of the year you have to wait for Xmas? you know the exact date of xmas...there for you are waiting until it comes around.

Granted you have to wait for the release of the iphone..you never know when it's coming and it's never promised! :) so yeah, i was a dat bit excited for the hottest item of the year!

14. BigRedOne macrumors regular

Christmas is for kids and merchants. I have not purchased a xmas tree in over 30 yrs. Plus I have purchased, given or received very few presents in all that time and the presents I have purchased were never wrapped when I presented them.

Maybe I can't relate to the question, I voted "no"...

15. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

I'd rather have a candlelight dinner with Steve.

16. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

clearly you didn't understand the question...you sound like you are not thrilled with xmas, were you even less thrilled with the iPhone? if that's the case, you voted correctly...otherwise if the iPhone was more thrilling to you, you should have voted yes.

17. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Even if the iPhone was as bad as everyone who doesn't own one says, it would still be better than Christmas. Hate that holiday. And good job celebrating the birth of a Jew in the wrong month and by eating ham...

18. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

True. I would say I enjoy receiving my gifts on Chrsitmas better than receiving my iPhone. If you know what I mean. :)

19. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

well, it terms of receiving..yeah, i enjoy "receiving" gifts more...they're free! but the excitement that surrounds the iphone on launch day is bar-none!

20. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

This. It's just the excitement people get from it that hypes me up more than Christmas. All christmas is anymore is buy buy buy crap for other people when you get older. I have to pay but I really wanted one and rarely do anything for myself or get excited about things anymore.

If your whining about standing in line at launch, YOU made that decision to do so. You could have ordered it online or just waited. :rolleyes:

21. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

Yeah - I think Steve is kinda hot! Did anyone see the movie where Noah Wylie played him? Still - I voted for iphone launch since I think the candle light dinner with Steve is highly unlikely.

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed.