is the iphone 4 worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sekz, Sep 12, 2010.

1. sekz macrumors regular

Is the iphone 4 worth it. I am thinking about purchasing it replacing my iphone 3g. Is the iphone 4 really that much better than the 3g let me know your thoughts. I have alot of friends that say they dont really notice the dropped service.

2. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

Yeah it is you got the retina display which is mind blowing, the awesome battery life, the actual capability to run the latest firmware the best, and the hd camera.

3. ias2010 macrumors newbie

i think from 3g to 4 is well worth the update, u add hd recording, better screen, gps, and best is A4 processor way faster than 3g processor. from 3gs to 4 is not too much but $200 it worth for most people if your 3gs is close to 18 months of use.

4. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

The only real benefit of a 4 versus a 3G is the Facetime camera and HD rear camera. The added ram and faster processor are a plus too.

You can trick out a 3G with jailbreak apps to mimic almost all of the 4's functionality and more.

But, in the end, yes, a 4 is worth it.

5. missygal Guest

missygal

I think just having the better battery is worth it! Of course the display is awesome too!!

6. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

I upgraded from a 3G on launch day. My experience has not been perfect but I would never go back to my 3G or a 3GS. My reasons:

- Faster processor, more RAM mean colossal performance gains

- Retina display makes book reading possible, enhances game playing and overall experience

- Incredible camera takes fabulous pictures and video

- Facetime delivers nifty video conferencing with my family

- Better battery means I can make it through a whole day now

- Striking design scratches my consumer itch