is the iphone 4g sold out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 212rikanmofo, Jul 7, 2010.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

I am considering purchasing one but can I get it locally at the Apple store or any other store such as Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc without pre-ordering one online?

I rather just walk in and walk out with one than have to order online and wait. Please let me know if they have ramped up production on them and have produced more.

Thanks.

2. f00f macrumors 65816

It is not sold out because the "iPhone 4g" does not exist. ;)

The iPhone 4, on the other hand, does exist, and you shouldn't have too hard of a time finding it at retailers now.

3. xmtgx macrumors regular

4g=4th generation which it is.
    And speak for yourself, maybe where you live you could, around here you gotta preorder no matter where you go, and wait about 2 weeks.

4. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

More than likely when Apple stores get units to sell stores with pre orders will get them as well. The difference is that when you pre order, a phone will be held you until you pick it up. Apple will sell their entire inventory to walk in customers and there will be no guarantee that you'll get one. I pre ordered from best buy and got my IP4 in 20 minutes while people that didn't waited hours upon hours online. If you can pre order.

5. gmikesell macrumors regular

Where are you located?

My sister tried to buy an iphone 4 yesterday Here in Dallas and couldn't find one anywhere. Finally had to order from ATT.

6. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

They are not "Sold Out" BUT!!! you may have to do some leg work and spend a few days tracking one down. They are out there but it is not to the point you can just walk in anywhere and they will be sitting on the shelf.

Call first,

7. mdatwood macrumors 6502a

Your best bet is to get put on the list at Best Buy. They have been getting shipments every few days so your wait should easily be less than a week. Apple stores are too busy and no telling how long their wait list are.

8. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

It's almost August already. Are the supplies of iPhone 4 still limited? I am hoping to try my luck and walking into an Apple store to get one.

I'm in Houston, TX btw. I hope I don't have to order online and wait 3 weeks to get one.

9. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

i think it depends on the store. Some stores sell their stock very quickly, while others are able to trickle them in. Up here in the DC area, we have them available. I think your best bet is to call your respective store and inquire with them.

10. Hilmi Hamidi macrumors 6502

4G iPhone doesn't exist mate.
    Call it iPhone 4 next time.

11. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Unfortunately, the iPhone 4G is sold out. But I heard from a friend's boyfriend's uncle's landlord that Apple is selling some kind of weird device called the iPhone 4

12. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

That's funny. Same thing my brothers cousins friends dad told me. I'm dissapointed. Guess I'll have th settle for the 4.:(
    :D