Is the iPhone 6s+ readily available in store now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EdisEdward, Oct 17, 2015.

1. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

which model, color, storage is easiest to get in the store? I have no preference to color or storage size

2. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Make a reservation online at 8am local time and you'll be able to get the exact phone you want.

3. EdisEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

Do I have to pay online? Or can I pay in the store?

4. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

You reserve the phone you want online, and you pay via whatever method you want once you go to the store (carrier financing, 2 year, apple upgrade program, outright etc)

5. EdisEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice thank you

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Who knows maybe going to the store yourself will help.

7. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

Tried the 8 am Reservation thing with no luck. So, I tried to walk in the store at lunch one day and scored a 64gb rose gold 6s+.

8. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

By that time all of the people who have reserved online will probably get them first. The only way to get any 6S+ at my local Apple store is to reserve one.

9. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

You were very lucky. I want the 128GB model but they are never in Stock.

10. EdisEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

Damn I was online exactly at 8am but no stores in my area had the black one. I reserved a gold 64gb. Is there any difference in resale value usually for the gold one? I upgrade every year

11. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

No. I actually think that the rose gold model will be the hardest to resell in 12 months time. Once it becomes just another regular colour (which it will do when the iPhone 7 releases) it will go from being the 'must have' new colour to the one that only females buy. Not every female is going to want it either.
    Gold, silver and slate grey all have similar demand.

12. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

It really depends, but normally it is recommended to reserve the phone. There are times when apple.com shows that it's available but the moment you go there, it is possible that someone have already reserved the phone you wanted.

As above mentioned, you reserve then you pay at the store.

13. EdisEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks I actually reserved a regular gold so I guess I am fine for reselling purposes next year.

14. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

What I found in my quest for that same phone was that the local Apple store inventory was updated during my lunch hour. (~1:00). It took three days to snag the phone, but each day the store's inventory was updated at about the same time.

So, maybe just checking at 8:00 am isn't the way to go if you're trying to reserve one.

Personally, I don't care if I have a harder time selling the phone due to the color. I love the rose gold!

15. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

Yeah Apple stores receive shipments of new stock around midday at least a few times a week and the online reservation page is updated at that time. I checked my local store around 12:30 on Thursday and they must have just gotten a shipment because all 6S+ models were in stock for the first time in days. I was finally able to get my hands on a 64GB space gray! The reservations do go quickly after a restock so be sure to check back frequently around lunch time.

Also, the advice to check at 8 AM is not bad, as the reservation page is always updated then. But it's usually just leftover stock and unclaimed reservations from the previous day. There aren't usually new shipments first thing in the morning, which is why you have to keep checking back!

16. richard371 macrumors 68000

Not in the Bay Area. Always the gold models only at 8am

17. dcrumbaugh macrumors member

I paid off my Next balance on my 6 at about 10am this past Wednesday, making me eligible to upgrade. The reservation page for my local Apple Store (Buffalo - Walden Galleria) for AT&T had only shown a 64gb Rose Gold 6s+. I wanted Space Grey 128gb, and over the course of daily checking since release, it had never shown as available here. So I didn't have much hope.

At about 12pm I started refreshing the reservation page every 5 minutes or so, starting from pre-selecting the AT&T SG 128gb 6s+. For about 1-2 hours it continued to only show the rose gold one. Suddenly, it popped that my desired model was available for pickup that day - surprised the hell out of me. So I got it that afternoon. The employee who sold it to me said they get daily stock of all models, but VERY limited, and you have to do what I did (mash the refresh button for a while) to get one.

18. EdisEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks that is helpful. are all the att/Verizon/ tmobile phones unlocked if u buy from Apple Store?

19. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Just got my 6s Plus 128 Rose Gold yesterday. Checked first thing in the AM, no stores had any. Checked again around 1pm and found the one I wanted in stock. Keep using Apple's site and check early and often.

20. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

I know the AT&T version is unlocked if you buy at full price. I originally bought a regular 6S that way before there was a sim free option. Later I decided I wanted the bigger size and returned it.

I think the T-Mobile and Verizon versions are unlocked if you pay full price (or maybe always unlocked). Not sure about Sprint though.